New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

SwinetrekCapt

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris, and I'm a lifelong Muppet fan. I have visited the site and browsed the forum many times over the years, but I had never created an account until recently. I apologize in advance for the length of my first post.

Jim Henson and his creations were a huge influence on my life since I was a child. Through my post-college years, I watched new Muppet productions on TV and the movies, but I had not given the Muppets the same attention as I did my other pop culture interests such as Star Wars. My fandom was fairly dormant until the release of the 2011 Muppet movie. While the Muppets have always held a special place in my heart, I had really forgotten how much these characters meant to me. When I found out that the Muppets would be performing a live event at the Just for Laughs festival in Montreal in July 2012, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I think I enjoyed that show more than any live performance I have ever attended! One regret, though - while waiting for the theater to open, Steve Whitmire passed by me and I did not have the nerve to speak to him.

In March 2013, just a couple of months before my 40th birthday, I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I had been collecting Muppet themed t-shirts for a while, and I decided to wear only Muppet shirts to my treatments because of several comments I received regarding the Kermit shirt I wore the first day. Everything went smoothly. My wife and I celebrated the completion of my treatments by taking my niece to “The Muppet Movie” sing-along with Heather Henson at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta. We had a wonderful time!

I had a recurrence of lymphoma in 2014 and required another round of radiation treatments. I once again wore only Muppet t-shirts. I had accumulated so many shirts by this point that I was able to wear Muppet shirts daily from my first appointment until my follow-up appointment after treatments ended. This was a total of 51 shirts! I had to cheat a little bit and expand into other Jim Henson franchises: 45 Muppet Show character shirts, 3 Fraggle Rock shirts, 2 Sesame Street shirts and 1 Labyrinth shirt. This time I documented it on my Twitter account (@MasterCHarris #MuppetShirts).

My prognosis is good. I've undergone more tests recently and everything was normal. However, I can't quit collecting shirts! I'm approaching 100, and I have got to stop.....

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris, and I'm a lifelong Muppet fan. I have visited the site and browsed the forum many times over the years, but I had never created an account until recently. I apologize in advance for the length of my first post.

Jim Henson and his creations were a huge influence on my life since I was a child. Through my post-college years, I watched new Muppet productions on TV and the movies, but I had not given the Muppets the same attention as I did my other pop culture interests such as Star Wars. My fandom was fairly dormant until the release of the 2011 Muppet movie. While the Muppets have always held a special place in my heart, I had really forgotten how much these characters meant to me. When I found out that the Muppets would be performing a live event at the Just for Laughs festival in Montreal in July 2012, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. I think I enjoyed that show more than any live performance I have ever attended! One regret, though - while waiting for the theater to open, Steve Whitmire passed by me and I did not have the nerve to speak to him.

In March 2013, just a couple of months before my 40th birthday, I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I had been collecting Muppet themed t-shirts for a while, and I decided to wear only Muppet shirts to my treatments because of several comments I received regarding the Kermit shirt I wore the first day. Everything went smoothly. My wife and I celebrated the completion of my treatments by taking my niece to “The Muppet Movie” sing-along with Heather Henson at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta. We had a wonderful time!

I had a recurrence of lymphoma in 2014 and required another round of radiation treatments. I once again wore only Muppet t-shirts. I had accumulated so many shirts by this point that I was able to wear Muppet shirts daily from my first appointment until my follow-up appointment after treatments ended. This was a total of 51 shirts! I had to cheat a little bit and expand into other Jim Henson franchises: 45 Muppet Show character shirts, 3 Fraggle Rock shirts, 2 Sesame Street shirts and 1 Labyrinth shirt. This time I documented it on my Twitter account (@MasterCHarris #MuppetShirts).

My prognosis is good. I've undergone more tests recently and everything was normal. However, I can't quit collecting shirts! I'm approaching 100, and I have got to stop.....
Wow what a story! Welcome to Muppet Central, and I hope that all the treatment works for you. Keep up the good work on the Muppet Te-shirts!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad that you were able to use your love of the Muppets to help you get through your treatment, and it's great that your tests have come back normal and clean lately. Here's hoping for continued good health.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Okay I'm new at this and I don't know how to write a story can anybody help me out please thanks!
Welcome to Muppet Central! If you would like some help with writing stories I would be more then happy to help, just send me a pm.

GuyHutchins

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Guy Hutchinson the co-author of a new book on Sesame Place, the Sesame Street theme park in Pennsylvania. I have been visiting this forum forever, but I wanted to get an account to introduce myself on a post I saw about the book.

I've been a fan of all of Henson's work since I was little.

My favorite of all the movies is The Muppet Movie. I just find the story so compelling. I am really fond of the 1990s TV series Dinosaurs.

Best wishes to you all! Glad a forum like this exists.

Dodo

Reaction score
I've never been good with introductions, but here's my attempt at one-
I loved Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street (Technically, Sesam Stasjon) as a kid, but stopped watching and forgot almost everything about them when they stopped airing. My interest was rekindled because I happened to pick up the free comic book day Fraggle comic, and... Well, here I am :big_grin:

Reaction score
Hello, My name's Roger. For a long time in my life, I've been fascinated by puppets. This mainly came from the Muppets, as they are a wonderful example of what can happen when you put your mind to it. Since then I've wanted to own replicas, toys and a bunch of other merchandise. But as my family doesn't have the money, I can't have all that stuff....yet. I made a account a few months ago, but it wasn't registered until today which ironically was the same day I wore a Kermit shirt. Oh, and if your wondering about my avatar, I couldn't find a suitable picture of any Muppet that was 50 KB, so I chose Gary

Glad to be here and see you guys soon

Reaction score
I've never been good with introductions, but here's my attempt at one-
I loved Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street (Technically, Sesam Stasjon) as a kid, but stopped watching and forgot almost everything about them when they stopped airing. My interest was rekindled because I happened to pick up the free comic book day Fraggle comic, and... Well, here I am :big_grin:
Welcome Dodo!