ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i'm so glad that Kermit is not being smothered by piggy anymore , it's about time that Kermit got some space and breath .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good to see Pepe's in this. He wasn't in the trailer, so I was a little worried.
If I say "the only cast that outnumbers the Muppets is the characters in The Simpsons," I wonder if there is indeed truth to that. I really feel a TV show moreso than a movie could give all the characters possible some extended screentime. Beautiful Day was in one of the trailers. I'm not worried about characters not appearing here. I'm sure they'll all get a chance. All the recast ones, anyway.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Just a small alert for Aussie fans:

I've absolutely strained my sources, but it seems that the show is going to be picked up by the Channel Seven network. There's no date or time just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until January.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
-Kermit’s girlfriend Denise is being rebuilt so she doesn’t look so much like Spamela.

-Fozzie Bear will be Piggy’s sidekick, aka Ed McMahon.

-Scooter is the stage manager. Pepe and Rizzo are on the production staff. Bobo the Bear is the stage manager. Sam the Eagle will act as the head of broadcast standards for the network. Denise is the network’s head of marketing. The Swedish Chef will run craft services.

-Rowlf the Dog owns the bar across the street from the studio

-Fozzie dating a human woman is going to continue. Gonzo’s going to do some online dating.

-Anyone from the Muppets universe is fair game to appear, including characters from the past two films.

And according to the producers, "The Muppets" will be a documentary-style series focusing on Miss Piggy hosting a talk show where Kermit the Frog serves as executive producer, Fozzie the Bear is her on-air sidekick and Gonzo, Pepe the King Prawn and Rizzo the Rat are on the writing staff.

I didn't realize that the entire show is about the talk show. It seems very Muppets Tonight. The pilot was shown, so there is a good chance it will show up on youtube along with the rest of the panel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.