Anyone seeing "Rocky Balboa"?

Princeton

Reaction score
*exaspetrated sigh* We had an "after-Christmas" dinner party tonight and all my mom and uncle could talk about was the upcoming Rocky movie (or as I like to call it, Rocky 6). Why is this movie getting such great reviews? Stallone is 60 years old, and there is no such thing as a 60 year old boxer. Plus, Adrian is dead, Apollo is dead, Mickey is dead, the only original supporting character left is Paulie and he can't carry the movie by himself. Is anyone planning to see this debacle? Because at some point, I'll end up seeing this with my mom (and not because I want to, trust me!)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I want to see it as soon as possible. I'm a Philly-boy, and Rocky is in my blood. No, literally, he's in there, just bouncing around and punching my white blood cells for sparring practice.

Okay, that's gross. Anyway, I really really want to see it. I've heard it's very good, and I actually like the idea that his supporting characters are gone--especially his wife. To me, it takes Rocky back to his roots. It makes him an underdog again by making him vulnerable. The age thing does that as well. If Rocky can make me stand up and cheer one last time, I say more power to him!

:excited:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Princeton said:
*exaspetrated sigh* We had an "after-Christmas" dinner party tonight and all my mom and uncle could talk about was the upcoming Rocky movie (or as I like to call it, Rocky 6). Why is this movie getting such great reviews? Stallone is 60 years old, and there is no such thing as a 60 year old boxer. Plus, Adrian is dead, Apollo is dead, Mickey is dead, the only original supporting character left is Paulie and he can't carry the movie by himself. Is anyone planning to see this debacle? Because at some point, I'll end up seeing this with my mom (and not because I want to, trust me!)
I'm no fan of the Rocky movies.But I looked on the imdb.com site & the character of Adrian is still alive in the upcoming movie.So who knows?You may hear Rocky yell "ADRIAAAANNNN!!!!!!" once.
Not sure of the other characters though.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I saw it! I looooved it! My favorite part was the fight at the end. After the fight, the other guy one but everybody was cheering for Rocky! ::lol:: :smile:

messyplace

Reaction score
"Why is this movie getting such great reviews?"

maybe because its good?

I havent seen it myself, and I wouldnt say it was good or bad until I had actually seen it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wanted to see this movie during Christmas, but I do wan't to see it.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I finally got to see the movie, and I was very satisfied with it. For many reasons, it was everything I needed to see from Rocky VI.

:big_grin:

alsc

Reaction score
Saw it and recommend it highly.

As I do not suspect there will be more Rocky-movies, I feel that Rocky Balboa is a very nice end to the Rocky-universe.

Princeton

Reaction score
As I do not suspect there will be more Rocky-movies, I feel that Rocky Balboa is a very nice end to the Rocky-universe.
What a difference nine years makes! There has since been a ROCKY Broadway musical (don't worry, it bombed) and a movie called CREED is now in development where Rocky coaches Apollo's son to be a boxer.