Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW. I know these things are bad, but this one even manages to ripoff actual Muppet characters.

Monster that talks like Cookie Monster? check. But the surprise is the actual theft of Beauregard's voice and personality.

Here's another clip... ehh... it's not horrible horrible (at least it isn't insanely heavy handed, I guess Oogene desensitized me to that), but the puppets are plug fugly.

The line about shoving a knife in a man over and over and it leaving scars is a bit...well...graphic. Other than that the only real awful is that puppet with the rainbow hair.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Looks like Boober got a species change... :sigh:
Didn't work out too well, did it. Fugly indeed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And what about the blue guy with the extremely flat horizontal head? While these aren't the worst put together of the bunch, there's something completely wrong about them, design wise. But at least they aren't ventriloquist dummies.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The girl in the 2nd clip posted sounds like Cotterpin Doozer with an even bigger head cold.

And what about the blue guy with the extremely flat horizontal head? While these aren't the worst put together of the bunch, there's something completely wrong about them, design wise. But at least they aren't ventriloquist dummies.
Something seems off about the full-bodied puppets. Both of the puppeteers' arms seem to be free, rather than one of them used to operate the head. And there's no way those mouths are radio-controlled; they'd be too cheap to use that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And what about the blue guy with the extremely flat horizontal head?
That was one of the most hedious things I've ever seen. It was like a Sid & Marty Krofft reject.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something seems off about the full-bodied puppets. Both of the puppeteers' arms seem to be free, rather than one of them used to operate the head. And there's no way those mouths are radio-controlled; they'd be too cheap to use that.
They have a look of local stage production of a Sesame Street live knockoff. Puppetwise, the blue headed Beau knockoff doesn't look unprofessional. Weird and creepy. Not as badly put together as the yellow Tony (the I'm Between" guy on Sesame Street) looking knockoff. His nose was just bouncing in the wind or something.

But that rainbow hair wig on that one puppet... ugh. It's not a badly made puppet (like Cooter the oven mitt from Size Small), just a plug fugly one.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually found this flipping through the channels.

There's this thing called "Raggs" that's like these giant anthro dog suits from Australia. And somehow it was well received according to that article but for the life of me, I can't imagine why. Why am I adding it to this list? Look at the fursuits...

HOW could something that ugly be popular? Colorwise, there's as much sensory abuse as Problem Solverz. They're every bit as ugly as the Oogieloves, and they're even worse in motion. Their eyes move and stuff, and they're still lifeless. I watched like a minute of this out of morbid curiosity and it came off as a mediocre 1990's era DTV Barney knockoff. But this thing is from 2006!! And it was popular enough to be around till 2012.

I know I'm waaaaaaaay too old to find enjoyment in stuff for preschoolers, but even then I have an eye/feeling for what makes a good preschool series and what makes a cheap cash in. And one of them absolutely has to be in a wheelchair because everyone deserves representation by flat, token characters that are impossible to relate to because they have no personality. Seriously... Raggs must've been what Ken Vessleman saw when he thought Oogieloves will be successful. Great. This show proves he wasn't entirely insane. It started out as a series of PSA type deals and somehow managed to become popular enough to be a TV show even though the big fat Barney-esque fursuit type kid's show (irony and reference to 1970's Japanese series regarding Yo Gabba Gabba aside) died out after Teletubbies stopped being relevant.

I could forgive and ignore a mediocre kiddy show if the costumes weren't so freaking ugly!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've actually watched that show a few times a couple years ago out of boredom. The only good thing about it is Dumpster the cat. He's a grouchy arm-rod cat puppet with far more life and personality than any of those lobotomized mutts, especially when he talks to kids in those interstitial segments in the show.

Also, I always thought the green dog was a bear at first. Are the people who made those costumes unable to create triangular ears or something?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've actually watched that show a few times a couple years ago out of boredom. The only good thing about it is Dumpster the cat. He's a grouchy arm-rod cat puppet with far more life and personality than any of those lobotomized mutts, especially when he talks to kids in those interstitial segments in the show.
The cat I also like. Why can't the rest of the cast look as good as the cat? He has a very Sesame Street like sort of charm to him. But the dogs? It looks like they were mildly cute on paper, but they come off like... well... some unholy mash up of 1980's Pound Puppies, Problem Solvers, and Attack on Titan.