Episodes that Have Stuck with You

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I'll never forget when Oscar invented a formula that was supposed to turn anyone who drank it into a grouch. Not surprisingly, no one was willing to try it. But then one of the adults told Oscar, "If you drink that stuff, you'll get grouchier. You'll be a super grouch!" Thrilled with the idea, Oscar drank the potion—but he became super nice! Eventually he changed back to his grouchy self and was horrified to find that he'd cleaned up his trash can. When he was told that the potion had made him nice, he said, "I'd better destroy that formula!":grouchy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that people are commenting on the classic-era feel of Elmo the Grouch as an episode, it makes me remember an older episode that really stuck with me.

This may have been from either late 80's or early-to-mid 90's... The episode centers around :laugh: saying "No" to people when they ask him for help or errands, like when Biff came to ask him to get some cups of coffee from Hooper's Store for him. As the episode wore on, it showed :laugh: sort of uncomfortable with doing this, similar to how he felt weird in yesterday's episode. Ultimately, I think Maria was able to talk to Elmo to find out the source of the trouble, identifying that Elmo had been given the word to use by an AM salesman (no, not Lefty). She confronted the peddler, went through the rest of his words registering something akin to either shock or outrage, browbeat the salesman to leave, and then dumped the pile of paper slips into the wastebasket outside Hooper's. Basically it was a storyline meant to root out bad behavior/fostering hate through certain selected unmentioned words, but it achieved its purpose.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Now that people are commenting on the classic-era feel of Elmo the Grouch as an episode, it makes me remember an older episode that really stuck with me.

This may have been from either late 80's or early-to-mid 90's... The episode centers around :laugh: saying "No" to people when they ask him for help or errands, like when Biff came to ask him to get some cups of coffee from Hooper's Store for him. As the episode wore on, it showed :laugh: sort of uncomfortable with doing this, similar to how he felt weird in yesterday's episode. Ultimately, I think Maria was able to talk to Elmo to find out the source of the trouble, identifying that Elmo had been given the word to use by an AM salesman (no, not Lefty). She confronted the peddler, went through the rest of his words registering something akin to either shock or outrage, browbeat the salesman to leave, and then dumped the pile of paper slips into the wastebasket outside Hooper's. Basically it was a storyline meant to root out bad behavior/fostering hate through certain selected unmentioned words, but it achieved its purpose.
I remember that one too...at the moment Maria is looking at the words this "salesman" gave Elmo, when he asks her what they say, she says, "Never mind!" as if it was something quite nasty

Erine81981

Reaction score
The episode(s) that stick with me is the time they went to the Crow Country. All of those are the ones can really remember. Now there might be some scenes that i might forget but i'll never forget watching them.

One scene is where they play basketball with Oscar's can being the basket. They would throw the ball and Oscar (from inside the can) would throw it back. Or even when the Count gets to take a ride on a horse. Those are my ones i really remember the most.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Everyone keeps taking about the the Hurricane episodes that there were some older shows where there was a Hurricane on Sesame Street. It aired during the season 22 then re-aired in 24. Those are the Hurricane episodes i remember.

Everyone gets ready for the Hurricane. Gina helps Big Bird get things ready for his stay with Maria and Luis but the funny thing is Big Bird has Gina go all the way to Snuffy's to get Sunffy. Even those i'm pretty sure Snuffy would have been ok with his family but i know it for B.B. because of his friendship but also for a gag. Funny stuff i remember that one too. And getting to watch it again just brings back memories of a storm that blew through our street at the time the episode was being shown and it kinda helped me through the storm even if the storm wasn't that bad. But cool to still remember that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Although I wasn't a fan of the ATC era, there's a couple of episodes that keep sticking out in my mind lately.

The first one was from earlier in that period (maybe Season 25, 26, or even 27), involing Gabi having a slumber party with Big Bird and Tarrah. Okay, really, just about the only thing I remember was the closing "street" scene, in which Tarrah demonstrates how she gets into bed (or in this case, her sleeping bag), by having someone lift her out of her chair, and place her in (which I believe Luis did). I think I remember too a thunderstorm was blowing through at that moment, and Big Bird was scared, or that could have been another story.

The second one is definitely from Season 29, I believe, because I remember seeing it during a pledge drive week a few years after the ATC era was over (y'know, kind of like how sometimes the "Slimey to the Moon" arc would air during a pledge week afterwards). I just remember Big Bird and Snuffy were standing by the mailbox, chatting with a mailman, who took whatever it was they were mailing, and he says to them, "Consider it mailed!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one that strangely and randomly popped into my head the other day. Wasn't there an episode where they planned on singing "Day-O" and Telly was talking about how he wants to be the "Tellyman" and they're trying to tell him the song says "tallyman" but he still wants to be the Tellyman anyway?

Or am I just nuts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Chucky Choosing Game. That's popped into my mind for some reason.