Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I think they were there but much like at Toy Fair they were under wraps and you had to ask to see them but weren't allowed photos. I'm guessing we have to see something at Comic Con if not before.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So they said that there's plans this year for one character who wasn;t made into a figure by Palisades, and that it was an important character, yet they seemed to state that it won't be Walter, and I think I saw something that said that only characters from The Muppet Show are planned for this year.

With that in mind, it can be hard to figure out who it is (especially if the character is "important"). The closest I can think of would be somebody who was primarily featured in the first season. Maybe also Annie Sue, maybe also Louis Kazagger. Foo-Foo is kind of important, and wasn't made into a Palisades Toy, maybe it's Foo-Foo.

Or I wonder if it could be Mahna Mahna and/or a Snowth. Palisades released them as PVCs and planned to release them as action figures but never did. And they seem to have become slightly more important since the Palisades era ended.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Actually rereading the Q&A diamond say they only have rights to the muppet show which means movie characters and Muppets Tonight might be out the question right now which does make me think it might a snowth and mahna mahna set could be wrong though

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Actually rereading the Q&A diamond say they only have rights to the muppet show which means movie characters and Muppets Tonight might be out the question right now which does make me think it might a snowth and mahna mahna set could be wrong though
I think the Muppets' license includes all the Muppet shows, but I could be completely wrong about that.

However, movies are a different issue. MTM and MFS are the trickiest since the rights are shared with Sony Pictures. I've run into that wall in my work before. Things like a banjo strumming Kermit don't usually require a TMM license. There are weird rules.

One thing I can almost definitively say is that the bulk of Henson Hour characters are probably off limits simply because Disney has shown little love for them.

beaker

Reaction score
Hoping if the TV show takes off, Disney can make a smaller line of Muppet figures in the scale/way they made those amazing 2011-2013 Muppet Star Wars figures. Never understood why they didn't make a regular line with those.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the Muppets' license includes all the Muppet shows, but I could be completely wrong about that.
At first the Palisades line only included characters and things from TMS (and at first they were even limited in what TMS characters were included, though I find it interesting that Mahna Mahna and the Snowths initially weren't included but the Robot Rabbit was) before expanding. I wonder if that's normal for a Muppet toy collection or if it was because the line was specifically celebrating The Muppet Show's 25th anniversary. I remember that when it was announced I felt that The Muppet Show line should be limited to TMS and that there should be separate lines for all the movies as well as The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight (but I ended up liking what ended up happening with the line).

But I think my theory that "it's specifically TMS so it should be limited to TMS" is more likely, since there's been plenty of toy lines before and since that included Bean Bunny, Pepe, Walter, Constantine, and a few others that weren't on TMS.

j3h

Reaction score
MS Word dropped a few more nuggets of info:
Kermit & Fozzie are both in wave one, BUT NOT in the same 2pack together.
Wave one will be three 2packs which means on the day of release you can take home a total of 6 Muppet characters.

los

Reaction score
Arrrrgh. When are these coming out. I'm tired of waiting. Please just a teaser pic to hold me over :embarrassed:. I'll eat my hat for a pic

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Arrrrgh. When are these coming out. I'm tired of waiting. Please just a teaser pic to hold me over :embarrassed:. I'll eat my hat for a pic
Maybe they'll show something at next month's Comic Con? That's anybody's guess.