Duplicate Accounts: A Forum No-No

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone reading this.

Apparently, this needs to be said, because not every new person who registers an account to be a member here has fully absorbed the forum rules. Stop creating multiple duplicate accounts.

Every time there's a new member registered to the forum, the forum staff checks their info to make sure it's a legitimate user and not a spambot. There are times however when the info provided is being used to create more than one account, like for instance: a person registers with their pertinent info under the name KermitFan1, and then comes back to the forum a couple days later to register another account with the same info under the name KermitFan2.
This type of actionn is a violation of the forum's rules. While there may be other forums out there which allow for multiple accounts to be created and registered under the same one individual user, Muppet Central does not. Every time there's an issue of duplicate accounts, the forum staff has to contact both parties involved to find out which account is the one the person wishes to keep active, swiftly deleting any and all duplicates.

If you're having a problem with your original account, please notify the forum administration before creating a duplicate account as such action falls under the same perview described above.
Hopefully this will cut down on the incident of duplicates cropping up, thanks and sorry for the rant.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I take it there's no way to prevent the creation of a second account for an E-mail address already in use?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If there was, you'd think a measure would be in place effectively turning that person's computer screen red with a female voice saying "Registration Denied".

Sorry, cartoon trope kicked in there. :zany:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd have had a calm male voice say "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but that'd lead to discovering the voice inside the computer is the same guy who invented the internet itself. Especially if he keeps talking after we've pulled the plug.
*Space station officer chases after three madcap stowaways. :stick_out_tongue: