The Muppets, Ranked.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Meh. It's nothing but a list of names, some inaccurate (Gordon Heap?). And since when is "getting hit by a bus" a Muppet? Because it's second to last, right above Scooter.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
It's not all supposed to be taken seriously. They're just having some fun by putting that before Scooter - just a joke that Scooter is the worst.

Drtooth

Reaction score
True Muppet fans don't talk smack about Scooter. I'm sick of these "I liked them as a kid" casuals and their terrible "I think I saw a Mystery Scientist Theater three million once" snark.

Leave snark to the professionals, people.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Well, that's certainly not what this site is...but whatever. They rank everything from Mad Men characters, to the 50 best Avengers, etc. Deadspin is part of Gawker media, so yeah.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I stand by my initial reaction: meh. It simply isn't funny or interesting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's the lowest quality of clickbait. Even if it was done by Muppet fans. You know, ones that like Scooter and complain about every new character taking focus from him.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Deadspin really has been churning out articles lately that show almost no effort or original work, just summaries of sporting events and lists like this and soccer GIFs. No idea if they lost all their writers or they just don't care anymore.

Anyway, any list that has Scooter at the bottom and Andy and Randy over Beauregard is questionable to me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
"Getting hit by a bus" should come before characters like Mr. Poodlepants and David Hogsohog, maybe also Andy and Randy, maybe Angelo, but not before Scooter.

Wow, that list includes Carlo Flamingo but not Monolo Flamingo? This ain't right! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Deadspin really has been churning out articles lately that show almost no effort or original work, just summaries of sporting events and lists like this and soccer GIFs. No idea if they lost all their writers or they just don't care anymore.
I'm getting sick of these lame little clickbait articles being a thing. There's a difference between "pop culture and cupcakes! Click now!" and Cracked, which does offer some insight most of the time. At least when they're not in a "if you don't hate the same movies I hate, and haven't heard of some dumb 1980's movie I grew up with, you're an idiot" tangents, that is.

Worst part is someone's freaking being paid for that laziness. I've seen great fan pages that disappeared into nothingness and the entire genre of the fan page fall into irrelevance that had a heck of a lot of work and love and effort put into them. Now, it's all "We rank ranking ranks" and "numerical quantity is a measure of something important because movies did it once" with no research or effort. And it's addictive somehow. It's all about getting ad revenue.