Dog Puppet help!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
This is a cry for help! I'm trying to construct a dog puppet, and I'm trying to have the head resemble that of the Poodle you see on Sesame Street. I don't know what to do and I can really use some help here! I Posted a pic so you know what I'm talking about. If you have any ideas please tell me, I am in a HUGE slump.

http://sta.sh/027m5lrt6ggt

VonCount

Reaction score
This is a cry for help! I'm trying to construct a dog puppet, and I'm trying to have the head resemble that of the Poodle you see on Sesame Street. I don't know what to do and I can really use some help here! I Posted a pic so you know what I'm talking about. If you have any ideas please tell me, I am in a HUGE slump.

http://sta.sh/027m5lrt6ggt
Sorry I may have accidentally reported your post while trying to access the link. I'm not really a puppet builder, mostly I follow patterns but my thought is that the head is almost like a sock puppet with the head part where the eyes are is built up with foam. I think a lot of the shaping also comes from the long poodle fur and ears.
For practice I might slit the sock and add fabric for the inner mouth and then build some foam on top of the heel area.

I hope that helps.
Best of luck!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm not really a puppet builder, mostly I follow patterns but my thought is that the head is almost like a sock puppet with the head part where the eyes are is built up with foam. I think a lot of the shaping also comes from the long poodle fur and ears.
For practice I might slit the sock and add fabric for the inner mouth and then build some foam on top of the heel area.
So Basically it's like that of a Glorified Sock/Kermit Esque pattern with a round head in the back. This may sound really useful. The only question is how would I make the Foam head round? and as far as the Accidental report goes, no hard feelings!

VonCount

Reaction score
Try searching you tube for Adam Kreutinger. He has a tutorial on making a half sphere and shaping fabric on it.