Muppet fan theories

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Today, I've been wondering if some muppets were designed to look like other muppets on purpose. Today, I'll be going over a list of those similar looking muppets and fan theories to go along with them. Obviously the Blind Pew and Uncle Deadly one will not be touched upon, because they look nothing alike.
1. Is Angel Marie Luncheon Counter Monster's cousin?
Well, for one, they are slightly similar in design and both have a orange nose. The similarities end here, however because one has dark purple fur, small eyes, and a small nose, and one has green fur, big eyes, and a large nose.
2. Is One-Eyed Jack Louis Kazagger's son?
These two are similar in design, they both have light purple skin, are from the whatnot family, and a similar nose. However, they aren't entirely similar in design. One has brown hair, wears plaid, and has a longer nose. The other wears a striped shirt, has no eyes, and has gold hair.
3. Are The Mutations re colored versions of the Bossmen?
This is an interesting fan theory so far, what if the Bossmen were indeed re colored and given purple skin and red hair?
4. Is the nameless male bear from Muppets Take Manhattan Bobo the Bear?
A lot of fans think the male bear from MTM may indeed be Bobo the Bear. Let's look at the evidence we got:
Stocky body (check)
Claws on the end of each paw (check)
Small black eyes (check)
Same snout type (check)
This all adds up to this possibility.
5. Are Zeke and Old Tom the same puppet type?
Well, for one, they both are similar in design, but the only difference is Old Tom has a white beard and Zeke has a orange beard.

Iscah

Reaction score
I have a whole list of mad "things are related" theories. But first, to reply to yours....

- Uncle Deadly and Blind Pew do look reasonably alike. They're both blueish maybe-dragons.
- I think Louis is more rodent-like than Whatnot, and don't think he's related to One-Eyed Jack. But you can't say people aren't related just because they have different hair colours and wear different clothes...
- I don't think the Bossmen look anything like the Mutations. The faces are very different.
- Yes, Zeke and Old Tom look similar. But I'm not sure why that has to be proven/disproven?

ANYWAY......

My theories:

- Nigel is a Fraggle
- Dr. Teeth is a troll or half-troll
- Bunsen Honeydew actually is a melon (plants being just as likely to be sentinent as anything else in the Muppet universe)
- Hilda just might be a genie (at least I can't think of any other characters that had that similar eye shape)
- there's a Fraggle-hole somewhere in the Muppet Theatre, and that's where all the Frackles and monsters came in from. Koozebane (ie. the origin of all the creatures that keep appearing in the stage-Koozebane skits) may be another world connected by the tunnels. Possibly located in the Star Wars galaxy, for the sake of tying in the wider linked/crossover universe...

snichols1973

Reaction score
The rebuilt Trumpet Girl in TM 2011 (between Lips and Sam the Eagle) has a slight facial resemblance to Louis Kazagger:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Spa'am, the chief of the island pigs in MTI, and Howard Tubman from MT (The Tubmans of Porksmith) look very similar, apart from a few small differences: Spa'am (Kevin Clash) has tusks, while Howard Tubman (Bill Barretta) does not.

Spa'am - Muppet Wiki
Howard Tubman - Muppet Wiki

In addition, Howard's MuppetWiki profile states "The Howard Tubman puppet was first seen as one of the wild boars in Muppet Treasure Island", which could mean his background is part boar or feral pig...

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Got another for you guys:
1. What is Gonzo's real fur color? This has been a subject of debate for me for years of what Gonzo's real fur color is. Is it blue or it is purple like other sources claim it is?

snichols1973

Reaction score
Another theory to consider:

Bobo made his then-unnamed debut in TMTM, and has a close resemblance to one of his female relatives (the mother/aunt/cousin/grandmother/? wearing a hat) in the wedding number:

Bobo and Maurice from Muppet Time may also be closely related, if you consider the fact that apart from the main difference of their eyes, they almost look virtually identical: