This is What it Would Look Like if SST was a REAL Ghetto

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You see these urban areas, where all the residences and the stores and everything are just left abandoned and nothing ever came in to redevelop the area, but imagine if SST was one of those kinds of areas. . . .

That third pic almost looks as if Cookie took a bite out of the roof before leaving.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, why is this in the Sesame Merchandise section? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're photos of a couple of 1974 Fisher Price SST playsets that are being sold on eBay right, and both of them are in terrible shape - one set has a huge crack and hole in Hooper Store's door, and the 123 brownstone has some busted-out window panes; the second set is covered in spray paint and graffiti written in sharpie.

I can't understand why people think anybody would want to bid on them in conditions like this, which is one of the reasons why I thought they would be interesting to share here, as we occasionally like to share eBay oddities here whenever we find them. That, and considering Jon Stone was inspired by Harlem and the ghettos of NYC for the creation of SST, I thought this seemed like an interesting representation of what the street would look like if it was a real abandoned/ghetto street.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, now it makes sense, the thread title was what made me question the whole nature/purpose of why this got posted here in the SST Merch section in the first place.

As for the condition of those sets... Stuff happens. Kids scribble and draw all over walls and sometimes brake the more fragile pieces of toys without meaning or yes meaning to. :shifty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't understand why people think anybody would want to bid on them in conditions like this, which is one of the reasons why I thought they would be interesting to share here, as we occasionally like to share eBay oddities here whenever we find them. That, and considering Jon Stone was inspired by Harlem and the ghettos of NYC for the creation of SST, I thought this seemed like an interesting representation of what the street would look like if it was a real abandoned/ghetto street.
Dadaism, maybe?