The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mr3urious

Reaction score
And here's a sad fact. Alpha and Omega has an obnoxiously big and wildly defensive fanbase. They even go after members of their own fan community for not liking the cheap 50 minute "movies" that keep getting DVD releases. The fact that thing has fans let alone a fanbase... no the fact anyone actually manages to like that throwaway film so much that it gets a fanbase is pretty disturbing.
I imagine those who didn't like the A&O sequels at least liked the first.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
The fact that thing has fans let alone a fanbase... no the fact anyone actually manages to like that throwaway film so much that it gets a fanbase is pretty disturbing.
Sheesh. At the risk of sounding like a coward, this is why I don't talk about whatever films or shows I like or don't like on any site. Just so I don't get dragged into an argument by those drama queens.

Interestingly, Alpha and Omega was one of the few American animated films officially released in Iran. Do you think perhaps it doesn't seem as cliched there to Iranians who don't watch pirated American films?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I imagine those who didn't like the A&O sequels at least liked the first.
They totally did. But yeah. The fans that love the sequels supposedly fight with the ones that don't. Understandable as that's usually how these things work. And I'll admit, they have even less quality. Bad animation and cheap soundalikes. They all look like 50 minute babysitters. The fact it has a fanbase to being with is, well, unnerving. Even the Foodfight fanbase only likes it because it's terrible. But A&O fans really found something about the cliche ridden crapfest that killed that awesome sounding Pixar film. Pretty much walked out of a general DA group because it kept getting terrible screenshots of A&O with dumb captions about how the half the fanbase who loves the terrible sequels think it's blasphemy that the other half only like the bad movie, not the cheap and horrible ones.

Interestingly, Alpha and Omega was one of the few American animated films officially released in Iran. Do you think perhaps it doesn't seem as cliched there to Iranians who don't watch pirated American films?
Probably used as propaganda by the Iranian government. I could see them using it as aversion therapy for Western thought. As in "No NO! If we show UP or Toy Story 3, it'll show that Westerners have heart! Show them this and they won't believe they have a soul."

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Probably used as propaganda by the Iranian government. I could see them using it as aversion therapy for Western thought. As in "No NO! If we show UP or Toy Story 3, it'll show that Westerners have heart! Show them this and they won't believe they have a soul."
Oh, you mean like the Ludovico technique in A Clockwork Orange?

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
By the way, back to Rapsittie Street Kids... if nobody minds.

I was reading through the comments to see how progress on getting ahold of it has been, and so far there's something else that remains of it!

An album containing music from the special is actually available on Amazon.com.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Remember Dino Time? Well, I was at the supermarket today and I saw that the film is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on the same day as The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water as Back To The Jurassic! (and a week later to actual DVD) Looks like your wishes for Dino Time going to RedBox instead of theaters came true, guys! And of course it gets the Dove seal, and possibly the Kids First! sticker. As I said, the only good movie approved by them is Mumfie's Quest.
Speaking of Mumfie, I stumbled upon this little gem on eBay looking for the Scarecrow plush from that show. And get this-it's only fifty minutes long!

You've seen Super Why bastardize fairy tales as well as Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but this show actually looks like it could do that job right. Introducing Positively Ozitively!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd need to actually see a clip of that, but really!?! A movie about Silly Bands? Unless it was made over 3 years ago, they're a little late to the 3 month long at best lasting semi-fad party.

Yeah, there was no way that DinoTime was going to get into theaters. If kids aren't even flocking to Dreamworks films, no freaking way a twentieth party studio's barely passable for DTV film would have made any money.
Unless it was unbelievably lucky like Nut Job.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I see that the distributors continue the ploy of renaming the movie to cash in on the release of bigger upcoming movies. In this case, Dino Time being renamed to cash in on Jurassic World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if it wasn't the case, come on... Dino Time? Who would name a film that? That sounds like a 30 second factoid segment that pops up on an educational TV network in between commercials. Even then, the title comes off as ironic.

No wonder the film never managed to get released until now.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Even if it wasn't the case, come on... Dino Time? Who would name a film that? That sounds like a 30 second factoid segment that pops up on an educational TV network in between commercials. Even then, the title comes off as ironic.

No wonder the film never managed to get released until now.
I agree with you. If only Oogieloves got this treatment...
Here's another children's cartoon with CGI that's so terrible it will haunt your nightmares:

And now, here's another crappy Dove/Kids' First film about frogs. I bet that every time one of these comes out, Mumfie the elephant facepalms in anger because his movie is endorsed by people who support horrendous films, and his is the only one that's actually any good!