ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everyone wants to paint Disney as the only evil entertainment conglomerate ever because of weird urban legends and that they're apparently the only litigious entertainment conglomerate ever. Sony tried to keep redefining the word "piracy" to the point where buying a CD and ripping it to put on a music player was considered stealing. And Viacom's Youtube antics are well known. Not to mention how Warner Bros is insanely self litigious that it can't cross reference itself for some reason (to say the least, "Bat Embargo"). And it's not like these companies are that competent either.

Look at Sony and Spider-Man. They kept sabotaging their own films so they have to keep rebooting them only to sabotage them again. Spider-Man 3? Amazing Spider-Man 2? They ruined those films themselves, freaked the beak out about the bad reception (even though both films made a crapton of money), yet refuse to let it go because it makes said crapton of money. Seriously. The deal they made with Disney over the character in film form was the only really decent thing they've done. And yes, someone's going to say "well, if they didn't give up the animation rights, Spectacular Spider-Man would still be on the air instead of that other show." which is far from true because Kid's WB screwed the show out of a home, and after the second season, they were telling everyone to clean out their desks. Best case scenario, we would have seen another Spidey cartoon, but based off of the Amazing films. Oh... eh... anyway...

By comparison, look at the well oiled machine of Disney produced Marvel films. Constantly making money and generally favorable. Fox is doing alright with the X-Men films, I guess, but considering what Fantastic Four is going to be? Shudder... Disney is essentially the only competent media conglomerate out there. Muppets are in decent enough hands.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I want to address something that has come to my attention. If people do not think that this kind of style of show will be good for the Muppets, it dose not mean they are any less of a Muppet fan then ones that do.
This format is new different, and something the Muppets have never done before, so who are we to judge if this is going to be good or not. We have never seen this show, so really we can't say how good it is until the show airs.
Sadly some fans have become so set in there ways that anyone who may try and rock the boat the a difference of opinion then they are belittled, made fun of and down right bullied. Which is sad because one of the main messages of the Muppets was being able to accept people for who they are.To try to find the good in everyone even the ones we may not like.
Everyone should feel comfortable to be able to post how they feel about any production past present or future, and not have to worry about being ridiculed, and bullied.
I know that this is for the most part not the case,but I have seen it pop up from time to time, so it's a good reminder.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
About an hour after finding out the news of the series order, I got in my car to drive to my local barber shop, put the MMW soundtrack in the CD player, and sang along to "We're Doing A Sequel," replacing the word "sequel" with "series" and the word "studio" with "network."

It was wonderfully cathartic. You should all try it. (Even if you don't have to go to the barber shop.) :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Lyrics for "We're Doing A Series".

Sung
:smile:: We're doing a series, we're back by popular demand.
So come on everybodyAnd strike up the band.

:smile:: We're doing a series.
:embarrassed:: That's what they do in Hollywood.
Both: And everybody hopes that this series is really good.

Kermit and Fozzie: We're doing a series, another TV attraction.
:wink:: Places please. Light the lights, roll camera, action!

All: I thought this was the end.
But no my friends this is when.
We get to do it all again.
:sleep: and :boo: Do it all again?
All: Until the credits roll.
We've got another go to show that.
We can do it all again.
*:cluck: clucking.

All: We're doing a series, there's no need to disguise.
:mad: The network considers us a viable franchise.

All: We're doing a series, how hard can it be?
:sympathy: So long as they don't pair us with SHIELD Season 3!

All: We're doing a series, the network wants more.
:concern: While they wait for another Housewives spin-off or more.

EM: Do it all again?
We can do it all again.
*:zany: squacking.

All: We're doing a series.
:cool: Let's give it a go.
:sing: With Hollywood stars.
:flirt: As one-note cameos.

All: We're doing a series.
:confused: I don't mean to be a teacher.
But this is the third series after our original TV feature.

All: We're doing a series, let's give it a shot.
:smile:: All we need now is a pilot that's hot.

Spoken.
:concern: Got it. A love story between a very handsome long-nosed thing and a chicken. Call it Scanfowl.
:smile:: Does anybody have any other ideas?
:embarrassed:: Oh oh, it's about getting back all the Muppets again to put on a show where we put on acts and sing and dance at the old theater!
:smile:: Fozzie, did you even watch our old show?
:fishy: How about one of those swimming with the sharks show?
:smile:: Yeah, I'm not so sure about that one Lew.
:mad: It's about a frog and a beautiful, perfect pig, and she gets to kick his butt a lot.
:smile:: Um….
:hungry: *Insert Mock-Swedish suggestion.*
:smile:: I don't think America likes dubbed-over shows.
:sleep: How about a show where you don't make a show.
:boo: Then everybody gets to turn their TV's off early.
:smile:: Good grief.
:sympathy: It's about a dog who one night sees something he should never see, and he has to live with a terrible secret.
:smile:: That sounds a little dark, Rowlf.
:wink:: Kermit, how about a show about our normal lives on and off-camera trying to pitch a pilot for a new show?
:smile:: That's perfect!

Sung
We can do it all again.

All: We're doing a series, it's more of the same.
:smile:: Let's give it a name.
:fanatic: How about The Muppets again?

All: It's the Muppets again with The Muppets again.
It's The... Muppets... agaaaaaaaaaaain!

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Take a look at one review for the new pilot.

"While the muppets themselves are more or less a mediocre source of entertainment, the absense of former muppet film star Jason Segel was the dealbreaker, and lowers their existence to nothing more than socks, and in this era of buzzy high budget entertainment, these insignificant creatures have no place, but in the past, their only source of becoming a pop culture icon again is to get Jason Segel to be a full time player. 2/10" - Jason S.

That is one review for the show.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

"While the muppets themselves are more or less a mediocre source of entertainment, the absense of former muppet film star Jason Segel was the dealbreaker, and lowers their existence to nothing more than socks, and in this era of buzzy high budget entertainment, these insignificant creatures have no place, but in the past, their only source of becoming a pop culture icon again is to get Jason Segel to be a full time player. 2/10" - Jason S.

Wow my only question for the person who wrote that would be. Are you Jason Segel?

dwayne1115

Reaction score

Sorry for double posting here but I really feel this needs to be said. Please don't let this review scare you. this is just one review from someone who may not really understand the Muppets, and what they can do. I honestly think that a review this strongly is a little premature, because the show has not even aired yet. Please folks let's just cross our fingers and give the Muppets a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.