Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I would love to see less of Murray and more of classic muppets... besisdes I wanna see Gordon, Susan and Bob on more episodes than this season...and More clips from Frank Oz!! Im a sesame purist!!!
So am I & I don't like the remodeling of the set whatsoever

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why is everyone so up in arms about Frank Oz not being on the show? Remember, it's his choice to appear or not. Don't blame the show for not being exactly like it was in the 70's for him having a life of his own.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's going a little too far. But it's depressing that some of the fanbase thinks there's some huge Elmo related conspiracy why Frank hasn't been on the show regularly. If he wants to come back and perform characters, even for just a couple skits, that's great. But if he doesn't, that's his business and his choice. I don't see why we can't respect his choices. He didn't want to be tied down to that one thing forever, and that's respectable.

Though I'm very happy he reprised the role of Yoda for Star Wars Rebels. Probably took some convincing, but that was great.

C to the J

Reaction score
They really should start making a sketch about the letter C having at least two C sounds. Whenever they show words that start with C, they ALWAYS have a 'kuh' sound. There are others with a 'suh' sound, too, like 'celery,' 'city,' and 'centipede.' And let's not forget the CH words, like 'cheese' and 'chimpanzee.'

Oh, and I think they have to look more carefully at a word before they put it in a Word of the Day segment. Yesterday, I watched the sketch with Jerry O'Connell and Murray about the word 'observe,' which they say means to use your senses, including taste, and I was like, "Whaaat?" I thought observing something was the same as watching something. It does mean to notice and perceive something as significant, though. There's even a word based on it: observatory.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh, and I think they have to look more carefully at a word before they put it in a Word of the Day segment. Yesterday, I watched the sketch with Jerry O'Connell and Murray about the word 'observe,' which they say means to use your senses, including taste, and I was like, "Whaaat?" I thought observing something was the same as watching something. It does mean to notice and perceive something as significant, though. There's even a word based on it: observatory.
Observe doesn't necessarily have to be with sight.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They really should start making a sketch about the letter C having at least two C sounds. Whenever they show words that start with C, they ALWAYS have a 'kuh' sound. There are others with a 'suh' sound, too, like 'celery,' 'city,' and 'centipede.' And let's not forget the CH words, like 'cheese' and 'chimpanzee.'
They...did at some point I guess? I know full well about the song about Grover and George that was decades ago. I swear there was a "C" one as well. I'm loving the newer animated letter shorts they've had this year. Seems they need to keep up that good work and put more emphasis on letters and letter sounds in the show. The only reason we have vocabulary focus is because of the literacy initiative a while back. Strange that there isn't more focus on letter and number segments if they want to ramp up reading and math.

But above all, we need better letter and number animations. None of this Sesame English reused skit stuff.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Not only is Ryan just as funny as Kevin, but he must have seen Elmo's appearances on Rove's show. Cause Elmo says it's been a long time since he's seen him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The show's new production designer kind of reminds me of one of the Mythbuster guys (the one who looks like a walrus, I don't know his name, lol).

Since the street's kind of reverting back to a more urban look, wouldn't it technically be degentrified?

Still can't take my eyes off the retro'd Hooper's, it looks great.

And while I wasn't particularly keen on the idea of removing Oscar's longtime messy domain and moving him to a trashbin in the 123 dumpster, I love the idea of him having many outlets to randomly pop out of: I guess Oscar's got an underground network of tunnels under the street, kind of like HOGAN'S HEROES - pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.