New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

beaker

Reaction score
I said it from the moment the ABC tv show was announced, but Ive never wavered in my belief the show will get picked up and blow people away. And hey... here we go http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/30/tv-pilots-best The Muppets (ABC): Who doesn’t want to see the Muppets back on TV? We’re told the documentary-style pilot presentation made for ABC was so good it received a standing ovation in the room. “It looked awesome,” said one insider of the project, which will explore the Muppets’ relationships and personal lives for the first time. “It has an edge to it that adults will appreciate but that will safely go over kids’ heads—a quality Modern Family has as well.”

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what we've been talking about for the last twelve posts.

rarabird

Reaction score
Sooooo..anybody know how to get in on any of that pilot action? I'd like to audition. I'm in LA.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That article got one thing right where all the others failed.

They called the series "the latest incarnation of The Muppet Show." No reboot, no remake, "incarnation." And it implies exactly what it should, a new Muppet series that follows the original characters we love so much in a different version of the show.

SpookyMania

Reaction score
May 12 is so soon! Come on, ABC. Give us a good reason the show shouldn't be picked up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because "Bet on Your Baby" was...

Okay. I can't even make a joke about that. They greenlit that awful thing, they can't make it not happen, whatever excuse they can pull out of their butts for not picking the Muppets up will be complete bullcrap because they freaking picked that piece of horrifying awful up on and renewed it. Yeah, you have sitcoms people actually like now, but you still have trash like Last Man Standing on the schedule. What's the better show for your network? Another singing competition that yields someone that doesn't even get the full 15 minutes of fame? Another Shark Tank spinoff? More awful Japanese game show ripoffs in bloated 2 hour formats?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score