Frank in FTB

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What page? I don't recall seeing any pics of Frank and Eric together in the book.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I wonder if there was not someone like Eric Jacobson if Frank would still do a lot of the looping, or even be involved at all with the Muppets.
I have a lot of respect for Eric (and the other 'replacement' performers, for that matter). Getting inside the heads of another person's characters is no easy task. Especially the sort of characters Frank brought to life.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for Eric (and the other 'replacement' performers, for that matter). Getting inside the heads of another person's characters is no easy task. Especially the sort of characters Frank brought to life.
Oh yes don't get me wrong. I love the work Eric has done!

cahuenga

Reaction score
What page? I don't recall seeing any pics of Frank and Eric together in the book.
my mistake, it was in the book: A celebration : 40 years of life on the street ...pages 130, 196...

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Agreed, Mo. Eric's done a wonderful job particularly with Grover. When I first saw his performance of him, I was more struck by how he had all of Frank's movements and physical mannerisms that he brought to the character as well as the delivery of his lines, voice, etc. He's amazing

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Just watched the film. Here's the scenes I'm pretty sure Frank was there to do:
  • Grover and Cookie's goodbyes
  • Cookie Monster in the VW as everyone leaves the street
  • Upside Down World
  • Super Grover's flying/landing in the VW
  • Bert in that 360 shot near the end
  • The yellow monster at the end shouting "Big Bird's home!"
While we're on this subject, I also wonder about Frank in "Elmo Saves Christmas," since Bert didn't have any lines and Cookie only appeared briefly so it makes me wonder if someone else did Grover's scenes in that one with Frank looping in the dialog later. Just something I've always wondered.
MTI
  • Fozzie's first scene
  • Virtually everything with Miss Piggy on the island until the "Love Led Us Here" sequence
I guess that could be one of the reasons Piggy didn't appear there until later on, but then again, that's the case with a lot of Muppet movies, so you never know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While we're on this subject, I also wonder about Frank in "Elmo Saves Christmas," since Bert didn't have any lines and Cookie only appeared briefly so it makes me wonder if someone else did Grover's scenes in that one with Frank looping in the dialog later. Just something I've always wondered.
He could have easily done Cookie's scene and all of the Grover scenes in one short session. I guess he could have done something as Bert too, but note that Ernie didn't speak in that special, either, and Steve did perform Kermit in one scene, taking place away from the street. It's possible Steve was only available for that scene.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I was thinking that since :smile: only showed up on the TV screen so they probably did film that separately, so maybe it was Steve's availability that was the problem there rather than Frank's. If Billy Backhurst or John Tartiagola had been alternatively performing :stick_out_tongue: back then, maybe he would have had a line or two. Just something to think about.