New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is a reality show parody-type thing. How about "Keeping Up with the Muppets?" Or "Muppet Shore?" Or "Real Muppets of ABC?" (Joking of course)
I feel like it would be bad if the title of a Muppet series was a parody of a real series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of being the "my favorite second/third string character better be there" guy, considering that Link Hogthrob made his comeback in a strangely large fashion between both movies and the QVC promotion, I'd really like to see him used in this series. I'd love to see the whole PIS cast, actually (well, one's always a given), but Link's been pretty inactive until TM. it's great to see the character is back, especially when his longest movie presence before was banging the gong to announce Benjaminia Gunn in MTI.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can't tell if you're joking or not.

Remember, one of the three cast members of PIS is one of the main characters of the entire franchise, and it sure as heck isn't Strangepork or Link.

terrimonster

Reaction score
I suppose I should have used some sort of smiley? Yes, I was joking. The first mate is far more prominent.

Same thing happens in real life. My sarcasm is too deadpan and people think I'm stupid.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
At the risk of being the "my favorite second/third string character better be there" guy, considering that Link Hogthrob made his comeback in a strangely large fashion between both movies and the QVC promotion, I'd really like to see him used in this series. I'd love to see the whole PIS cast, actually (well, one's always a given), but Link's been pretty inactive until TM. it's great to see the character is back, especially when his longest movie presence before was banging the gong to announce Benjaminia Gunn in MTI.
I definitely think Link could be a good fit in this new series, since he's already a caricature of the Hollywood heartthrob, the empty-headed, vapid star. He's one of the most-suited characters to the satire I'm guessing the show is going for.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I really do not care what the title is as long as it is not Kermit and Friends, or Kermy and Piggy Time, or Play Time with the Muppets, as long as it is it not something that would turn an adult audience away, I just want to see the muppets on television weekly, so far the news seems fine.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know why the concept, title font, etc. has been such a source of major discussion. Let's just be happy The Muppets are back, and hopefully, interest in this show will get Disney to FINALLY release the last two seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD. I mean in the time the last season came out, they've released two movies, have done multiple TV appearances, online videos, etc. C'mon guys...