Your Muppet mistakes

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
When I first saw the Muppet Show on YouTube three years ago during the fall season, I called the red-hair orange Muppet, "Scooper", "Skeeter", and "Scoots." :sigh:

However, when I watched some Muppet specials and finally bought myself the Muppets Take Manhattan on DVD, I finally said that the red-haired orange Muppet is "Scooter, the go-pher" or "Scooter Groose."

Grifoshka

Reaction score
My main Muppet mistake, I'm sure, is that I pronounce many performers' names wrong. I always have trouble with that.:oops:
There's also one mistake I remember from my childhood: in the Russian version of Sesame Street, Ernie's name was changed to Yenik, and for a long time I thought his name was "Venik" (Russian for "broom"). Strangely enough, the fact that there was a guy named "Broom" didn't bother me at all.:stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Muppet Moments, when the clips of Andy Williams singing "Two of a Kind" and "Jubilee Time" were combined, while I thought it was weird that it suddenly cut to a different setting with Andy in different clothing, I actually thought he was still singing "Two of a Kind" when he sang "Jubilee Time". I guess it doesn't help that both titles have the same number of syllables, the words aren't too different-sounding, and he was suddenly singing a bit fast. With "Jubilee Time", as a kid I heard it as "Two of a, two of a, two of a kind! It's gonna be a two a ee, it's gonna be a two of ee, oh it's two of a kind, oh it's two of a kind...".

snichols1973

Reaction score
After the Jean Stapleton episode of Muppet Show aired, the next day i remembered that the Swedish Chef's language was "Mockingbird Swedish" and thought that until i later saw the rerun.
I can see it now: the Swedish Chef in a Muppet parody of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay...:hungry:

Along the same lines - not a mistake...just an early attempt an fan fiction/wanking, but i had attempted to come up with an English translation of the Chef's intro song...don't remember how i started it but it ended with "We'll roast a chicken or mmm...PORK PORK PORK!"
I can only imagine one of Miss Piggy's potential reactions:

:mad:: Don't even think about it, Chef, or I'll serve you up some of my Karate Chops! Hii-Yah!!!

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Accidentally confusing Beauregard's name for Bernard in the first chapter of my latest fanfic. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One from my younger years was I thought the Koozebanian Creatures were called Galley-Oh-Hoop-Hoops; I know that's their mating call, but I also thought that's what they were called.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
When i saw my first episode of Fraggle Rock at age 11, i too thought Jim was doing Matt and Frank was Boober...then i noticed neither was in the credits...
I don't blame you. Boober sounds like he's being played by Frank when he says "Down at Fraggle Rock" in the theme song.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
My Muppets mistake...once saying Clifford was the most awesome Muppet ever.

Just kidding I never said that,:smile::laugh:.

But seriously, I think all of mine are ones people already mentioned. On a side note, but still sort of related, at my work there is guy who knows I'm a huge Muppets fan (not hard to tell since I do have a Kermit tattoo) and he's almost always talking to me about the Muppet show. Which of course in itself isn't bad except he's always listing stars who weren't actual guest stars on the show. Such examples include Micheal Jackson (whom he also clams to own the actual jacket he wore on the thriller album,:rolleyes:), Paul McCarthy and Dolly Parton. Not exactly a huge deal, but he'll argue with me to the high heavens when I correct him. Don't get me wrong that is a nice enough dude, just some of what he says is like, wow, :wink:.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Telling someone Henry Monster instead of Herry Monster.

Harleena

Reaction score
I used to think that:
  • Carroll Spinney was a woman (I didn't know he was also the voice of Oscar, and my mom told me that a woman played Big Bird. You gotta admit, Big Bird has a neutral-sounding voice).
  • It was Kermit who was in love with Miss Piggy, not the other way around (Muppets Wizard of Oz flipped it and got me confused).
  • Gonzo was some sort of bird (he's rather bird-like, plus I assumed that he liked chickens because he was a bird)
  • It was pronounced "Whit-myer". I just learned that it's pronounced "Whit-mer" (It's spelled like "Whit-myer"!).
  • Animal was performed by someone other than Frank Oz. I don't know who, but not Frank Oz.
  • Jim Henson was still alive. In the year 2006. Yeah, I wish. :cry: :jim:
  • Elmo and Zoe were a couple. Even at 3 years old, I was still a hardcore shipper, apparently.