Fresh Off the Boat impressions

mr3urious

Reaction score
And did anyone like that Repeat After Me show that followed? I sure as heck didn't. It felt like a lobotomized Candid Camera.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
And did anyone like that Repeat After Me show that followed? I sure as heck didn't. It felt like a lobotomized Candid Camera.
I did not give it a shot, and with, J****N B**Ber on the next episode, I will not be tuning in to watch an episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope that dumb series doesn't hurt Fresh Off The Boat or S.H.I.E.L.D. in the ratings. This thing seems like a midsummer replacement on Fridays deal. Even then, desperately so.

It isn't even a stopgap replacement for the pathetic romantic comedies that used to air in those timeslots.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked the heartwarming ending to the latest episode, along with the end credits segment about the kids being let down by Shaq Fu (which I can totally relate to).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh my glob! They had an episode crafted around the most infamous video game of all time that doesn't have the words "Custer's" or "Revenge" in the title! Man. Remember back then how anticipated a game could be and it would suck the second you played it? And like, they cost 50 bucks? That was just delightful. Especially since it was a famously terrible game, just waiting for the shoe to drop. Delightfully realized in the credits sequence.

I also like how they mildly torpedoed reality with a 9 to 5 game that would never have existed. I jokingly muttered "darnit, Ocean." In take it back because the game was supposedly good. Even managed to get the 16 Bit cutscene look right.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Last night's episode was pretty good. We not only got to see a potential budding relationship between Eddie and the girl next door, but we also learned that Cattleman's Ranch is a knockoff of an existing restaurant. Louis essentially bought a franchise of said restaurant and filed the serial numbers off so he wouldn't have to pay a franchise fee. I'd like to see this legal issue be brought up in later episodes.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Last night's episode was pretty good. We not only got to see a potential budding relationship between Eddie and the girl next door, but we also learned that Cattleman's Ranch is a knockoff of an existing restaurant. Louis essentially bought a franchise of said restaurant and filed the serial numbers off so he wouldn't have to pay a franchise fee. I'd like to see this legal issue be brought up in later episodes.
That was a pretty good episode, and it will probably get at least one more season.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Gotta love the epic comeback Eddie gave to one of his friends after he said some ignorant comment toward his country. This came after Jessica started worrying about being too Americanized and began insanely forcing Chinese culture upon her family, including demanding Eddie study China instead of Jamaica as part of his "cultural appreciation" project lest there be a lawsuit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm bummed the show's ended for the season. I'm sure they might renew this one. It's very good and it really doesn't come off as the "Blackish but with Taiwanese" concept it could have ended up as. That last episode was something. I'm glad they did an episode about someone being afraid of losing their culture, only to be the biggest hypocrite about it. Loved the nod at how terribly Americanized "Chinese" food is, especially chain places in mall food courts. Nice to see their restaurant is doing well in this one. Impossible not to root for them after the previous story.