Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
A character we've never seen before in action figure form? I wonder which that could be? Walter qualifies I guess, but who else? Maybe Sweetums? Bobo the Bear? Uncle Deadly?

j3h

Reaction score
MSWORD talks about Walter separately, so I don't think it's him (or Constantine) that is the "one important character palisades never made" being referred to. To me that could imply that it's a character that existed during palisades' run but they didn't do.
He mentions Sal is not who he is talking about, so the Monkey is out of the guessing pool for series one.
Uncle Deadly & Sweatums were made as figures by Palisades, so they are out. He also mentions Vet's Hospital for his wish list, so Dr. Bob and crew can be removed from guessing.
He also doesn't say "version of character"...just "character", so different outfits (like Dr. Bob again) would be excluded.

Maybe J.P. Grosse? Add him to my guesses along with Thog, Nigel, & Mahna Mahna.
Bobo is a good guess too, but I personally wouldn't launch the line with both Fozzie the bear and Bobo the Bear in the same small wave.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
hmmm quite a mystery the only other character i would guess would be Bean Bunny but he seems quite obscure to put in the first wave. i don't think i can wait till C2E2 or Comic Con i need pics now.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't know. It might be a character a little more mainstream? Maybe Constantine, but I doubt it. Bean Bunny could totally be possible, I think he's one of the obscure mainstream. Could be possible.

I really hope it's a Topo Sticky figure though. :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
I have the Bean Bunny action figure Disney made a couple years ago. My bet would be on Bobo, with Bean, Mahna Mahna and Nigel being possibilities. Though, Palisades did make smaller figurines of Mahna Mahna and the Two Snowths.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Clearing up a few misconceptions...

:grr: and Uncle Deadly were made as action figures by Palisades, they were among the last few exclusive figures released through online retailers in 2005.

It should be obvious that Palisades never got to making/including :fanatic: as part of their Muppets figure line, Walter didn't exist then. His first appearance was in The Muppets 2011 feature film, Palisades had the license from 2002-2005.

Since C2E2 is this weekend, I hope for new news from :news: on the upcoming Minimates and Buddy Pack Muppets figure line from DST. I'll probably only get into it if there are any characters I don't already have which probably won't be until someways down the release schedule. :sigh:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe Clueless, Bobo, or Bean are going to be the one palisades never made.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the Muppet Select and Minimates. But I seriously cannot wait for the Muppet Select line it sounds Awesome, I mean I like the sound of the Minimates (were getting both Robin and Scooter). But the Muppet Select line sounds amazing 24 figures is a Great thing and considering their being released in 2 packs more characters that are less well known by the public (e.g. Lew Zealand etc) can be released by pairing them with more well known Muppets (e.g. Kermit, Fozzie, etc). Also my bets on the figure they say their putting in the first wave that Palisades never made is Bobo, and I say their could be a good chance that Walter is made :wink:

j3h

Reaction score
I also wonder what outfit Gonzo will get:concern:...I'm kinda hoping for modern sweater vest

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I'm hoping they go with the sweater vest design as well. I think that and a well detailed Piggy are going to seal the deal for me. Hoping we hear some news from c2e2