Frank in FTB

Oscarfan

Reaction score
To answer all of that, here's what Frank was actually in the studio for in those films:

MTI
  • Fozzie's first scene
  • Virtually everything with Miss Piggy on the island until the "Love Led Us Here" sequence
MFS
  • All the scenes of Miss Piggy in the TV studio
EIG
  • All of Bert's scenes except for the one at the beginning of the film

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
To answer all of that, here's what Frank was actually in the studio for in those films:

MTI
  • Fozzie's first scene
  • Virtually everything with Miss Piggy on the island until the "Love Led Us Here" sequence
MFS
EIG
I think Frank did Grover in EIG, but I could be wrong, also I think Frank did Cookie in the first street scene in FTB, because you could hear Cookie over the score in the scene.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

MTI
  • Fozzie's first scene
MFS
EIG
If you watch some of the behind the scenes stuff of MTI, you will see Kevin preforming Piggy during some of the final battle scenes. He also talks about doing some work for Frank on that film somewhere, but I can't think right off hand where.
I also think that is where they started to get the idea for Kevin to take over Sam for a little while before Eric finally did.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
If you watch some of the behind the scenes stuff of MTI, you will see Kevin preforming Piggy during some of the final battle scenes. He also talks about doing some work for Frank on that film somewhere, but I can't think right off hand where.
I also think that is where they started to get the idea for Kevin to take over Sam for a little while before Eric finally did.
It's mentioned in "Being Elmo." Also in that little documentary included on one of TMS season sets. There is behind the scenes footage of Kevin performing Fozzie on MTI as well. You can also tell who's doing what if you're really good at spotting puppetry styles.

IIRC, the stand-ins for Frank on MFS were as follows:

- Miss Piggy - Peter Linz (Steve Whitmire for at least one scene)
- Fozzie and Sam - John Kennedy
- Animal - Rickey Boyd

(Kevin was only on MFS for about a week, hence why he didn't perform any of Frank's characters).

How much performing did Frank do on MCC?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just watched the film. Here's the scenes I'm pretty sure Frank was there to do:
  • The yellow monster at the end shouting "Big Bird's home!"
I never put that together, but yeah. The yellow monster certainly is Frank.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's mentioned in "Being Elmo." Also in that little documentary included on one of TMS season sets. There is behind the scenes footage of Kevin performing Fozzie on MTI as well. You can also tell who's doing what if you're really good at spotting puppetry styles.

IIRC, the stand-ins for Frank on MFS were as follows:

- Miss Piggy - Peter Linz (Steve Whitmire for at least one scene)
- Fozzie and Sam - John Kennedy
- Animal - Rickey Boyd

(Kevin was only on MFS for about a week, hence why he didn't perform any of Frank's characters).

How much performing did Frank do on MCC?
Dang I know Frank was busy directing in all, but it sure must have been a challenge to have to preform Fozzie, Piggy, and Sam like that. I wonder which would be more of a challenge, doing like that and just have them dub over it latter. Or like on Sesame when Jerry would sit and do the voice while Matt would do the puppetering.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't remember the topic of Kevin performing Frank's characters being brought up in Being Elmo. It is a shame that that doc barely has any Disney-owned Muppet footage (only a Muppet Meeting Films clip), it would have been great to have seen some behind-the-scenes footage of Kevin performing Frank's characters (it also would have been great if they'd shown footage from The Muppets at Walt Disney World, since Kevin talks about that special in the documentary).

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he also loop dialogue in MTI as well?
Yes, and I can attest to this because Frank Oz was on the set the week before I visited the with my father. Was hugely disappointed when I found that out. Kevin Clash physically performed Miss Piggy and Frank's other characters while I was there, and Frank's voice was edited in later.

Was one of 2 times over the years that I had missed an opportunity to meet Frank and see him perform (second time was during my Henson internship in 1999), but finally had the opportunity to meet him a few years back at the Museum of the Moving Image when he did a Q&A (hence my avatar photo of the Little Shop of Horror DVD he signed for me)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes, and I can attest to this because Frank Oz was on the set the week before I visited the with my father. Was hugely disappointed when I found that out. Kevin Clash physically performed Miss Piggy and Frank's other characters while I was there, and Frank's voice was edited in later.

Was one of 2 times over the years that I had missed an opportunity to meet Frank and see him perform (second time was during my Henson internship in 1999), but finally had the opportunity to meet him a few years back at the Museum of the Moving Image when he did a Q&A (hence my avatar photo of the Little Shop of Horror DVD he signed for me)
I love Frank Oz, and would love to meet him someday.

I wonder if there was not someone like Eric Jacobson if Frank would still do a lot of the looping, or even be involved at all with the Muppets.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of Frank and Eric together? I saw some on the sesame street sunny days 40 anniversary book, but does exist another pics???