Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Loving how the new cartoon series managed to get both Frank Oz and Billy Dee Williams to reprise their roles. Though it is disappointing they're trying to distance themselves from the last series, considering they got James Arnold Taylor to reprise his role as Obi Wan in one of the first episodes.

Still.. cartoon's freaking awesome.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am a super Star Wars Fanboy and I love everything Disney Is doing With Star Wars from, The Rebels, The Comics, The Force Awakens, Star Wars Rogue One, It Is truly a good time To Be A Star Wars Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!

this Is my desktop Wallpaper !!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure classic fans of the movies will never cease being skeptics, and will be predetermined to hate the movies to the point of refusing to like them, yet seeing them 10 times in theaters no matter what. But Disney really seems to know how to market Star Wars. Like I said, look at the new Star Wars merchandise since Disney took over. Other than Rebels, everything is classic movie trilogy (with a couple small exceptions). Disney Store has 3 figure sets, one for each original trilogy film. Plenty of Yodas, Vaders, and Chewies. No Jar Jars. Like, the only closet things I could find with the prequels was free posters in cereal boxes (with the original films as well) and like, I dunno... I think Lego might have some? They had a short Jar Jar comic in a Lego Club magazine.

Add to the fact that the new films sound like they'll have a better balance of CGI and practical effects (more of the latter than the former is promised), they really want to see these films succeed in the way the prequels failed. Of course, the real problems with that film were Lucas, and he's out of the picture, so...

And Rebels is an amazing series. Proof Disney needs more animated fare and less generic wannabe 1980's TGFI style sitcom/Saved By the Bell only lobotomized. The show got Billy Dee Williams and (this should excite anyone on this web forum) Frank Oz to reprise their roles. Though I will say the on again, off again, right back on again connection with the Clone Wars cartoon is confusing. Like we're supposed to ignore it like it never happened, but Ashoka is there...

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'm sure classic fans of the movies will never cease being skeptics, and will be predetermined to hate the movies to the point of refusing to like them, yet seeing them 10 times in theaters no matter what. But Disney really seems to know how to market Star Wars. Like I said, look at the new Star Wars merchandise since Disney took over. Other than Rebels, everything is classic movie trilogy (with a couple small exceptions). Disney Store has 3 figure sets, one for each original trilogy film. Plenty of Yodas, Vaders, and Chewies. No Jar Jars. Like, the only closet things I could find with the prequels was free posters in cereal boxes (with the original films as well) and like, I dunno... I think Lego might have some? They had a short Jar Jar comic in a Lego Club magazine.

Add to the fact that the new films sound like they'll have a better balance of CGI and practical effects (more of the latter than the former is promised), they really want to see these films succeed in the way the prequels failed. Of course, the real problems with that film were Lucas, and he's out of the picture, so...

And Rebels is an amazing series. Proof Disney needs more animated fare and less generic wannabe 1980's TGFI style sitcom/Saved By the Bell only lobotomized. The show got Billy Dee Williams and (this should excite anyone on this web forum) Frank Oz to reprise their roles. Though I will say the on again, off again, right back on again connection with the Clone Wars cartoon is confusing. Like we're supposed to ignore it like it never happened, but Ashoka is there...
I am a fan from the 1980's I was born In 1981 but I love the Prequels, that being said I am Looking Forward to a Good Mix Of Practical Effect and CGI From Abrams and company!

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Everyone a new trailer has been released for it
I woke up at 7 AM and started talking Like that camel in the commercial, What Day Is today, What day Is today, I was so hyper for the trailer I was bugging the heck out of my Family. then at 9 AM I got the panel with the star wars music on with star wars official youtube page that would show the panel from star wars celebration and at 1 PM I watched the panel and the trailer I loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Trying very hard to avoid trailers for this one. Watched The Larry Wilmore Show rebroadcast on hulu just now...

have trailer spoiled.

But goosebumps like heck when Hans said "Chewie, we're home."

mr3urious

Reaction score
You gotta love how negative everyone reacted to Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm at the beginning of this thread, but now we're all excited for this new movie.

Isn't time a funny thing? :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.