Sesame Street on SNL

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Yeah...why haven't I heard about this before? Aw, this is a cute and funny skit!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just one little thing to note: It seems they finally wore out the Cookie Monster puppet they've been using since 1982. The puppet here is the one they made for the Furchester.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, they really did a number of that carriage house, didn't they? They removed the attic, now it's just one story.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just one little thing to note: It seems they finally wore out the Cookie Monster puppet they've been using since 1982. The puppet here is the one they made for the Furchester.
Not really. Cookie's had a similar design since 1982, but a number of different puppets since then. They just rebuilt him for season 45; the Furchester version seems like the new secondary one they're using.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A lesser show would have made fake Muppets and use bad impersonations of the characters with little puppetry experience. SNL made this skit funny by using the real darn thing!

Not that MadTV's Sesame Street parody episodes weren't sometimes actually funny with a surprising amount of research, but other times hit or miss, but getting the actual Sesame Street Crew involved makes this skit thousands of times better than it could have been.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That was great, especially the part where she was talking to Bert and Ernie. Poor Ernie, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I first heard about this appearance when Tough Pigs posted about it on Facebook, saying that every Sesame Street Muppet was in it. I jokingly asked about a few who I really wouldn't have expected, and then they gave a confirmation answer which I couldn't really tell whether it was sarcastic or not. Then the first post here said that "just about all the characters appeared", so I thought it must be true.

Then I saw the clip. I figured the places that said basically everyone appeared meant all of the current main characters, but even then there are current characters missing. No Oscar, Grover, Rosita, Baby Bear, don't think Zoe appeared.

Interestingly, the guest hosts' last name is Henson, and she played a character called Cookie on another show, but I also read on Muppet Wiki that the musicial guests were a band or group called Mumford and Sons. With that in mind, it's a shame that The Amazing Mumford didn't appear. There is the fact that Matt Vogel (or anyone) has not yet vocally performed Mumford, but still would have been great.

This also seems to be the first Muppet surprise appearance since 2004 to be really random. Cookie Monster's appearance came when there was a campaign to let him host, we all expected the Muppets to show up when Jason Segel hosted the week before The Muppets came to theaters, and Big Bird's appearance came when he was mentioned by Mitt Romney. But this one seems like something people couldn't have anticipated (the same could be said about Big Bird's appearance, people probably expected a Big Bird joke but not the actual character).

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Interestingly, the guest hosts' last name is Henson, and she played a character called Cookie on another show, but I also read on Muppet Wiki that the musicial guests were a band or group called Mumford and Sons. With that in mind, it's a shame that The Amazing Mumford didn't appear. There is the fact that Matt Vogel (or anyone) has not yet vocally performed Mumford, but still would have been great.
Haha, on an MTV interview, Walter jokingly said that Mumford and Sons was founded by The Amazing Mumford.:stick_out_tongue: