When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Lunchables finally brought back their pancakes which I really liked because theirs were the only pancakes I've ever tasted that actually tasted [good (all other pancakes taste like potatoes for some reason, and who wants to eat potatoes for breakfast?). But, there's one cruicial additive that made the pancakes even better back in the 90s that they didn't bring back with them this time around: frosting. You could put both syrup and frosting on the pancakes back in the day, but not now.

Dang these companies depriving kids of goodies in passive aggressive attempts to curb childhood obesity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not a fan of pancakes with anything outside of that maple flavored, not real syrup that most people buy because the real stuff is howlingly expensive. In other words, frosting is too freaking sweet, even for me. But it does sort of suck they removed it. Sounds like it's more cost based reasons than obesity panic-demic ones.

If I could list all the foods I miss, we'd be here all day. But danged if Turtle Pies don't haunt my dreams. Don't see why they can't just make them and call them something else. Sort of like what Hi-C did with Ectocooler when the Sony Pictures license wore off, only without just dumping the product all together in a few years. Slimer or no Slimer, that was some great furit flavored drink. Plain Orange-aid has nothing on it. Rather bland stuff, actually. Where's that tanginess?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Urgh . . . politics. Politics always make me rant, especially as far as the far right is concerned.

Especially when they are a bunch of hypocrites.

I mean, whenever something goes wrong in the country: gas and crop prices rise, more people file for unemployment, business shut down, what does the right do? Sit back, point fingers, and blame Obama, even though a lot of the times, they're the ones at fault. In short, something wrong happens in this country that they either are partly or wholly at fault of, they blame everybody else but themselves.

So, what's going on now? Well, with the 2016 elections on everybody's minds right now, the far right is already working desperately to discredit Hilary even though she hasn't even announced if she's going to run or not, by painting a displeasing portrait of her as being an imcompetent and arrogant scatter brain who can't do anything right. On top of that, notice who the right keeps forcing into the spotlight lately? Monica Lewinsky. Why? To remind me that Bill had an affair with her. I mean, why else is Monica Lewinsky showing up at the Oscars? And what's the deal with Barbara Walters grooming her to be a host on THE (nobody watches anymore) VIEW? But what's the right actually saying about all of this? They're saying the Clintons are blaming them and the media.

Yeah, that's right. Play the hypocritical blame game; blame Obama and the rest of the Democratic party for the things you screw up, but try and shame the Clintons and possibly other left contenders for the 2016 presidential race and they whine that they're blaming the GOP and the media for discrediting them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And as usual, I have no trust or interest in either party, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The same story about how the Republicans are being the terrible spoiled brat bullies they are and the Democrats being feckless wimps about the whole thing. Essentially everything that's been going on since the Clinton Years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just wish we had serious candidates whose names weren't Clinton or Bush. I didn't know we still had royalty in this country. :insatiable:

I know we had the two Roosevelts, but Clinton and Bush are no Roosevelt! :stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Dems essentially have no one other than Hillary. The Reps, just like the last election have everyone possible, and they're all far right. Seriously, I can not describe how disgusting I find the right since the last decade, but every one of their candidates manages to support the very same homophobic, xenophobic, war mongering, corporate cowtowing, obstinate, selective Freedom pushing ideals that most actual Republican voters themselves hate being lumped into. Never has a small faction of a political group held too much power.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Reps are desperate to get another Bush into Office - they've even said so themselves when pushing Jeb that "we," "Haven't had enough Bushes in the White House." We had more than enough with G.W.'s two terms.

Meanwhile, there is the concern that having Hilary in Office will essentially be a way for Bill to actually run the country through a puppet regime.

The Reps have had it with Obama's two terms, so they're bringing out all they can to run in 2016, meanwhile we still have no real clue as to who will represent the Dems other than the possibility of Hilary. I have a feeling the 2016 elections will be a nasty one.