Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If budget problems are an ongoing concern for them, how can they afford to travel to L.A. to tape (I thought they switched to "film" Season 39) little musical inserts?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If budget problems are an ongoing concern for them, how can they afford to travel to L.A. to tape (I thought they switched to "film" Season 39) little musical inserts?
'Cause it's cheaper than flying a musical guest into NY, probably.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Those photos look nice! Looking forward to the rest of the new set soon! Although...the editor must've forgotten to proofread the article. Cookie Monster is clearly in Hooper's Store in one photo and the article has him as Grover. :insatiable:

Actually, know what? I'd like to see better variety of episodes the next season. Not so much on the educational subject matter, but it always feels like they go to the same pool of episode concepts. Random Fairy Tale character pops in and needs help, celebration of the letter or number of the day, game show (which in recent seasons has mercifully stopped being guessing games and find the shape games)... stuff like that. A little less social issue awareness as well. We need more fun episodes without that educational curriculum backbone and more slice of life on the street, organic feel. Well, slice of their lives anyway.
You know, on the same boat, I'd like to see them return those "Just Another Day" plots someday. There were common around the early '90s. If they need to decrease the amount of episodes with fairy tale plots, they can certainly have episodes with no plots, just like back in the '90s.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly can't tell much from those photos, I really can't - they're clearly teasers. Is that the same newsstand that Oscar ran during the ATC era? I also see what looks like the staircase from the carriage house, only that doesn't look like the carriage house its descending from.

And . . . are my eyes playing tricks on me, or are those construction doors that border Big Bird's nest gone?

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, on the same boat, I'd like to see them return those "Just Another Day" plots someday. There were common around the early '90s. If they need to decrease the amount of episodes with fairy tale plots, they can certainly have episodes with no plots, just like back in the '90s.
I get that Sesame Street has these initiatives and they want to get the most mileage out of them by making as many of them street stories. he major and obvious downside is that it results in repetitive episodes that aren't spread out well in the show's schedule. Case in point, this week saw 3 "Fairy Tale Characters learn about Self Regulation" stories together. The same thing happened with the Nature initiative and the Engineering initiative. I think they could still get the point across with a couple less initiative focused episodes. After all, they still have initiative based segments they can fit into other episodes.

But that's the one thing I think is missing with Sesame. We need more just so episodes. Something that doesn't need an educational focus, yet somehow naturally comes to one. I say this with the all due respect I'm not the target audience and it's not meant for me unless I had kids, but the little shows within a main show doesn't do all that much for me. However, I think that there's a nice compromise by replacing one of the weaker segments (cough cough...we all know the one) with a second act of the street story or at least a skit that takes place after or somehow connected in any way to the main street story. Now, say what you will about season 33, but if there's one thing I retroactively think they did right (just not perfectly) it was having a short street segment to start off the show, the main street story after the first skit, and then later another connected piece. I'd love to see them do that again, only starting with the main episode first, and having the song and other connected thing after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.