New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Perhaps that's what Kirk Thatcher has been posting photos from. he had pics on his Twitter and Facebook recently of him doing some kind of production shoot with the Electric Mayhem. Reading about this now all makes sense. I'd love to see this happen, I would just hope that ABC gives it a fair shot which I feel they never did with Muppets Tonight!, and I hope BECAUSE it's ABC/Disney they don't "soften" the humor so much. The fact it's got people from Wilfred which is a very edgy show involved, and Big Bang Theory which I'm not a fan of, but have found it funny when I've tuned in, gives me some hope.

No they weren't filming that. It might have been a sizzle reel, but it wasn't the episode itself.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Variety shows are dead. Have been since the 80s. They tried giving Maya Rudolph her own Carol Burnett-esque variety show, but it must not have done well, because I don't think it lasted beyond its inaugural season.
It never even made it pass the first episode. I would have loved to seen it last more.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Oh boy! Let's hope it turns out to be successful! If so, we can start throwing those penguins up in the air of excitement! Fingers crossed... :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
If ex-Muppet writer Bill Prady is going to be involved, then I'm sold on the script. But yes, the timeslot is still something to worry about (assuming this gets picked up, that is).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Variety shows are dead. Have been since the 80s. They tried giving Maya Rudolph her own Carol Burnett-esque variety show, but it must not have done well, because I don't think it lasted beyond its inaugural season.
I'm pretty sure that was intended as a one-time special, not a series.

I wouldn't say variety shows are dead. SNL is basically one, though leaning more toward sketch comedy. Musicals have been quite popular lately, so having a new musical Muppet show with sketches doesn't seem like it'd fail too badly.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I'd love this show to be on NBC. Too bad Disney's too sensitive to put anything they own on something they don't

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'd love this show to be on NBC. Too bad Disney's too sensitive to put anything they own on something they don't
Well, it's also cheaper for them, plus then NBC could cancel it whenever they want. At ABC, at least Disney has creative process and could decide to keep the show afloat as they seem fit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Variety and sketch a tad different from one another, but anywhoe.

The reason why this won't be on NBC is because Disney owns the Muppets, and Disney is ABC's parent company, so it wouldn't make much sense for Disney to put a program of theirs on a rival network. I believe Universal is NBC's parent company.