New Muppet Pilot in Development by Randall Einhorn (The Office, Modern Family) for ABC

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Alright, The Muppet Mindset CLAIMS that the pictures of the Electric Mayhem as well as the Swinetrek were for something else...still excited for this!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
ABC found itself with it's Wednesday Night sitcoms and Thursday Night dramas. They still have embarrassingly stale reality shows (really?!?! the Bachelor is still on?), and Friday Night awful Tim Allen shows. But I don't see them giving any Muppet vehicle a chance. There's no where to put it. Fridays or Sundays. Not really good time slots that MT once had. I don't think they'd get anything prime or competitive. ABC Family swears people are watching Mellisa and Joey... I don't see Muppets thriving on any of their other cable channels, either.
Sunday nights could work. It's worked before as an ideal time for families. When the Wonderful World of Disney was on it was a big hit by families so hopefully this show can do the same. Times have changed, but I think the show can work.

Alright, The Muppet Mindset CLAIMS that the pictures of the Electric Mayhem as well as the Swinetrek were for something else...still excited for this!
Those clips were something for Youtube. On some of the photos posted you can see it says Youtube on it, and another said "Muppets Youtube".

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I can't even...
I just said on Monday "I'm getting Wonder Woman on the big screen, Princess Leia back in Star Wars. If they'd just do the Muppet Show again I'd have my trifecta."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... If this does become a reality, I'm kind of wondering where in the week it could go as well.

Sundays? While it could potentially go in at either 7 or 7:30 PM, most people would tune in starting at 8 PM instead for the block of Once Upon a Time followed by Resurrection and Revenge. Though there's a possible family-vibe with the grown-up feel of Once Upon a Time, the other shows are more adult-oriented dramas.

If this project is a sitcom styled show written by this comedy guru, then it'd fit better with whatever other Tuesday and/or Wednesday sitcoms he's written for ABC.

ABC Family could work... But only in the same sort of capacity as Jamie pointed out earlier with the streaming networks. Ten to twelve episodes (whatever constitutes a half-season) gets aired at one point of the year, only to get switched out with half a season of another show for another portion of the year, only to then get switched back with the second half of the first show. That's why Melissa and Joey and Baby Daddy have been replaced for the time being with the second? season of Young and Hungry and the new Freak-Out shows. So I'm questioning the possibility.

I want to be optimistic and hope a new Muppet Show production does indeed air, so please excuse us if we seem negatively-minded when pointing out the realities of the current networks' scheduling situation.

*Keeps fingers crossed.
:batty: Please, no crosses.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
This is so exciting! I'm not too worried about how it will do - I think there's enough of us excited and waiting for it that it has a chance for a decent following.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I could see this show working on Tuesday or Wednesday nights on ABC, the same slots that benefit its single-camera comedies, though it could also fit nicely in its Sunday night slot. And if they refuse to pick it up, there's always Netflix, the same service that has worked well for Dreamworks.

And, no, I do not want to see this thing on the Disney Channel. Us Muppet fans would rather not have it lumped in with all those cookie-cutter tweencoms.

Last edited:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I...I...I have no words. I'm just crying tears of happiness from what we've all been hearing from about these characters. Just...all I can say is I can't wait!!!

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh-huh.

This is exactly what they said they were doing ten years ago, then Disney shelved it.

I have a little more confidence this time around that it'll actually happen since Disney's come through with two movies, but once again, I still have to see this before I believe it.

That said, why do we keep having to go to people of other shows rather than hold onto actual Muppet people to work on these shows for us like Jim Lewis, Dave Gumbel, Kirk Thatcher, or even Joey Mazzarino?