TV Alert: The Count on Late Night with Seth Myers March 26, 2015

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Count stays up late! Thursday night watch The Count on "Late Night with Seth Myers" on NBC at 11:35 central, 12:35 eastern. The late night appearances by the Sesame Street Muppets are always great, so be sure to tune in for this one!

If you saw this appearance, please like this message and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Okay, so the reason :batty: was on is because apparently Seth Myers taped a WOTD Muppets/Celebrity explanation segment that will air in Episode 4521 on Monday March 30, 2015. But :batty: was also there to do Seth's traditional "Late Night Numbers" sketch.

:batty: 20, the number of minutes everybody went to sleep.
Hee, that's one of the best quips, because Seth Myers is soooo unfunny.
:boo: Good thing he had a vampire on his show.
:sleep: Why's that?
:boo: Because he sucks too.

Laughed through the entire thing, especially when :batty: got excited over Radio Shack's apparent bankrupcy filings and tax season.
There was 1, 1 quip that had 2, 2 meanings that I might just use as my new sigline here.
And the best part? They finished by incorporating :batty:'s signature laugh and flourish at the end of his counting into the patter.

Finally, 1, 1 great Muppet late-night appearance!

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know Count sound a whole lot like Constantine, but I could be wrong. Other then that I loved this little appearance!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I don't know Count sound a whole lot like Constantine, but I could be wrong. Other then that I loved this little appearance!
The problem is that Matt Vogel worked with a dialect coach to get Constantine's accent right, and Matt can't keep the accents separate cause they sound so similar. Still I like Matt's Count. It sounds very close to Jerry's Count and the personality is the same. Also, if Jerry was still alive and preforming and he did Constantine, it would have sounded like the Count.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My favorite part was where Count asked "To much?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm loving that they branch out to other characters besides just Elmo and Cookie. Matt's energy performing the Count was absolutely electric. Nice ad libs here and there as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That new puppet looks quite youthful.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to point out is that there was an additional lead-in bit before they even got to the "Late-Night Numbers" sketch. Seth said there were many ways one can extend their greetings to someone else... And it basically went amazingly on from there with :batty: counting and urging Seth to keep coming up with more and different greetings until they got to a total of ten, which ended with Seth saying "Greetings", followed by :batty:'s intro music.

Ah, that was 1, 1 truly wonderful late-night Muppet appearance.