Dealing with depression and anxiety

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I understand about that, I really have only had one to two real close friends in my life, and when one of them is rude or is pulling away then it really dose hurt, and you question what you yourself have done to deserve this abandonment and abuse.Most of the time you have done nothing wrong, and it is the other people that are the ones in the wrong for whatever reason. Now if you have done something wrong to them, then in time it will all come out and someday be settled.

There is a verse in the Bible that says he that has friends must show himself friendly. Since a lot of your friends have moved away or just falling apart it is sadly time to find some new friends. I know it can be hard, and that it wont happen over night, but try to find some local groups of things that interest you and stat mingling with folks.I'm sure you will find people out there that are just as lonely and feel like they are in the darkest place they have ever been as well.

Hope that helps.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Serious question about counseling. I'm probably at one of the darkest periods of my life right now, in large part due to outside circumstances. I've never been more alone in my life, literally. I don't imagine a counselor can magically change those circumstances for me, so what is a counselor intended to do?
I think a counselor can give you a different perspective on your feelings and problems through conversation and questioning. It can be hard, but they do a good job of making you explore the bigger things behind the emotions. Sometimes they can help bring things out that you can't come up with on your own.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but try to find some local groups of things that interest you and stat mingling with folks.I'm sure you will find people out there that are just as lonely and feel like they are in the darkest place they have ever been as well.
I will have to think about joining more groups. I have already actually, it's just that either the people are more desperate than I am (like in a creepy way lol), or people are pleasant with me, but the friendship doesn't progress much. I know I don't always make the extra effort I should. And when I realize that I try to make up for that. But, ::shrugs:: I don't know.

My parents are reminding me that things change and it won't always be this bad. I get that, it's just that my social and self confidence issues have always been a problem. I just don't see any evidence that that's going to change at this point.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think a counselor can give you a different perspective on your feelings and problems through conversation and questioning. It can be hard, but they do a good job of making you explore the bigger things behind the emotions. Sometimes they can help bring things out that you can't come up with on your own.
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm hoping for. The unknown variable I can't see yet.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I will have to think about joining more groups. I have already actually, it's just that either the people are more desperate than I am (like in a creepy way lol), or people are pleasant with me, but the friendship doesn't progress much. I know I don't always make the extra effort I should. And when I realize that I try to make up for that. But, ::shrugs:: I don't know.

My parents are reminding me that things change and it won't always be this bad. I get that, it's just that my social and self confidence issues have always been a problem. I just don't see any evidence that that's going to change at this point.
I hear ya on that one, for me talking to someone one on one or on the phone is very hard for me to do. However, give me a crowd, and a mic and I can talk for hours.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I hear ya on that one, for me talking to someone one on one or on the phone is very hard for me to do. However, give me a crowd, and a mic and I can talk for hours.
Yeah exactly, lol. That's why I'm doing this new play. The other people in the show are great, I've worked with them before, and I know they care about me. It's just that with everyone I know, there's always this distance, separation.

Sorry to go on and on, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah exactly, lol. That's why I'm doing this new play. The other people in the show are great, I've worked with them before, and I know they care about me. It's just that with everyone I know, there's always this distance, separation.

Sorry to go on and on, lol.
Don't be sorry, if it helps you talking about it then please talk on! You have nothing to be sorry for.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Don't be sorry, if it helps you talking about it then please talk on! You have nothing to be sorry for.
Well, thank you, seriously. I don't know, there are times when I can accept that I'm just a naturally shy person and there's no shame in that. It's mainly hardest when I want to go do something fun and realize I'd probably have to do it alone. So I end up not doing it at all. Like, I know people who love going to the movie theater by themselves. Whereas, the very thought of that throws me into depression, heh. I actually do have a friend I do a lot of things with, but I can't rely solely on him forever. Plus he doesn't really know how to handle all this, heh.

And I have joined a few groups over the past few months. It's just hard sometimes to get up the motivation to go after work sometimes. I know, wah, wah, wah, lol.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, thank you, seriously. I don't know, there are times when I can accept that I'm just a naturally shy person and there's no shame in that. It's mainly hardest when I want to go do something fun and realize I'd probably have to do it alone. So I end up not doing it at all. Like, I know people who love going to the movie theater by themselves. Whereas, the very thought of that throws me into depression, heh. I actually do have a friend I do a lot of things with, but I can't rely solely on him forever. Plus he doesn't really know how to handle all this, heh.

And I have joined a few groups over the past few months. It's just hard sometimes to get up the motivation to go after work sometimes. I know, wah, wah, wah, lol.
Well it does sound like a lot for someone to handle, but if he is your friend he will understand and accept you for who you are.

I went and saw the Passion of the Christ movie alone, and it was the last time I ever went alone to see a movie.

Also keep in mind that good friendships take time. Some friendships can be made quickly, but the ones that last take time and effort on both sides. I know it is hard but be patient and don't try to force a friendship. God will put the right people in your path, you just have to be patient and watching.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I am in a very good place! My relationship is flourishing, my grades are good, the very few real friends I have are indeed, there for me and, to a point, my mother has accepted the fact that I'm a different religion than she is now (before she used to just tell me I was wrong and at that, since I was so 'quick' to switch religions I may as well go join a cult when, in actuality, I've been researching this stuff for the longest time but, whatever, she has accepted it finally and I'm free to practice as I please)

In fact, my counselor says she needs to see me even less; instead of every 3 weeks, I'm now seeing her every 4 weeks and, I'm proud to say that the tides are turning for me ^^

Sure, I've hit a small snag what with my parents STILL fighting in court about my college tuition (my dad has to pay the majority since my mom doesn't make much and I study full-time but, he just doesn't want to because he hates her so much and then lets his hatred of her hurt me) And, I had to write up several court documents for my mom because both her English and Spanish are extremely poor...(that is a whole other hot mess that confuses me) but, point is, I'm magic translation for all child and, I have to keep doing that, especially if I want to finish my education. But, I have faith that things will start looking up very soon and, since I do work hard to keep my grades up, hopefully, the judge will side with my mother and I.