Reaction score
:big_grin:...
Don't want no loving.
Don't want no kissing.
Don't want no girl to call me 'Honey'.
Don't want my name...
In the hall of fame.
Just gimme a big fat pile of money.
Gimme that all mighty dollar, for that lettuce hear me holler.
Gimme buckets full of duckets, lemme walk around and waller.
In mezuma, in dinero, wanna be a millionaire-o.
Gimme money, money, money!

Oh, sorry, that wasn't the song "Money" you were talking about was it? :fanatic:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nope. Just the insane as heck price of using a popular song in a television show. Maybe if Warner Bros owned that song, it would've been in the episode.

Or don't they? They seem to be a multi-tenticaled monopoly of music rights.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just saying, since Regular Show gets away with inserting songs from the 1980's in their episodes like "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" or others that you'll kind of recognize even if you don't know the titles, it's a shame they had an episode take place in Australia and no Men At Work music included. Meh.

*Goes off to buy two fizzies and an everything-meat burrito.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I think I knew why "Down Under" wasn't used: because they blew most of the budget using "Happy Birthday to You" in the latest episode! :smile:

I honestly would like to see Mordie and Rigby's new birthday song become an actual thing. The original song and the public domain "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" have kinda worn out their welcome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The clever joke here is that they kept cutting the song off expecting the audience to know that the song is heavily copyrighted, then have Happy Birthday slowly starting to sing the song with the intention of being cut off, but singing the entire thing. That's something they wrote for genre savvy cartoon watchers right there.

Come to think of it, I think one of Warner Brothers' music publishing companies owns the rights to it.

Then of course there was the last episode where they had the instrumental Jimmy Hart version of "So Happy Together." They clearly couldn't get the rights to that one, but they managed to make it sound just enough like the original for the joke (The Turtles) to still work.

Though it is much better to have the original song. They've been doing Jimmy Hart montage type music for a while now, and while understandable, it's disappointing as they used real versions of songs before. Maybe they were all owned by WB publishings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
... uh...well that certainly was special. :confused:

I'm guessing after the intensity of C.J.'s freakout almost killing Margret's parents and running off, they wanted to have a lighter, wackier episode to build the tension yet remove it at the same time.

This one felt like self parody. I was half expecting the ending to be Rigby explaining to Benson "...and that's why we didn't fill up the pothole."

mr3urious

Reaction score
Pinkie Pie would be right at home with those Party Horses. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Finally watched the party horse one and I think it was made solely as an excuse to get Mordecai and Rigby in a historical montage, lol. Loved seeing them as the American Gothic painting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was almost sure that it would have wound up turning into a Bill and Ted parody, actually.

I dunno. Something about this episode was off. Almost as if they're trying to make it seem like a fake backdoor pilot for a Party Horse show or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... just in case you didn't get the joke...

Have to admit, I never really got around to watching Evangelion cuz I'm too busy with the weird stuff no one else watches or has heard of. But once you get the references, everything falls into place.

Nice to see the Baby Ducks back.