New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
Since when did this become a muppet site bashing thread?

On topic, I'm not going to judge til I see it, but I'm not holding my breath either.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't see why they haven't made any more viral music videos. They won two Webby awards, get millions of views and everyone considers them the best stuff the Muppets have done since Jim passed away. Who at Disney is not making more?

I also seem no harm in turning them into pre-movie shorts. That would be the perfect place for something Muppety.
Totally agree here. Look at what Sesame Workshop does in terms of viral videos, consistently putting their characters out there in new and different ways. There is no reason that Disney can't do that now because they've done it in the past, so perhaps it's a lack of ideas on their part.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There goes the chance for the muppets ever being thought of as adult or family content, and a new show airing on a primetime network.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
There goes the chance for the muppets ever being thought of as adult or family content, and a new show airing on a primetime network.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I don't think this will have a negative effect on the franchise's potential for a TV series. Let's not forget this bit of news revealed last year:
http://collider.com/new-muppets-tv-show-news/

Then, in recent interviews, people working with the Muppets teased some "exciting upcoming new developments" that is not a movie, and I doubt these Disney Jr interstitials were what they were referring to.

Everybody just take a deep breath and fear not. These segments are completely harmless and should not have a negative impact on the franchise.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
But sure, if you asked the performers their thoughts on these new shorts, chances are they aren't very happy about them.
Well, remember that Bill Barretta is directing these bits, so I would not be entirely sure about that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No idea if the Newsman even made it into a final cut, but I know that there were a lot of different obscure Muppets that they brought to test out with the kids, and some worked better than others.
Somehow I get the feeling that if The Newsman was cut that he wouldn't have been mentioned in the announcement.

first of all i was talking about how tough pigs criticize in their blogs, and second i was telling how muppet mindset criticized the movie that after, one of them visited the muppets most wanted set.
Really? I don't remember any Muppet Mindset articles that criticized the movie in a major way. I'll have to reread Ryan's articles on his set visit (or did somebody else at Muppet Mindset visit the set? Ryan's the only one I remember seeing such an article from) but thought he had positive thoughts about his experience and the movie.

I don't see why they haven't made any more viral music videos. They won two Webby awards, get millions of views and everyone considers them the best stuff the Muppets have done since Jim passed away.
The best Muppet stuff since Jim passed away before the last two movies.

Well, remember that Bill Barretta is directing these bits, so I would not be entirely sure about that.
I think somebody said that Bill Baretta had told 'em that these shorts will be very entertaining to adults as well as kids. Of course that's the directors opinion, and while these don't look bad, I don't think they look like the greatest thing the Muppets have ever done. We'll just have to wait and see them and see how good they are.... They do look better than many of the productions that get a lot of hate from fans (at least they look better than Studio DC, the Lady Gaga special, The Muppets Kitchen, Kermit's Swamp Years, and Muppets' Wizard of Oz). I sort of also feel like saying that these look slightly better than the Play-Along Videos, Sing-Alongs, and Muppet Time (but then again, these have a lot of familiar characters, while those other productions were limited in the familiar character department).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Very true, but I meant that Disney Jr. was likely not the location that the performers were hoping to end up on.

beaker

Reaction score
Aww! So in love with those clips. Whoever came up with this concept is a genius. For longtime fans, the famous clips of kids interacting with characters on "the wall" back on Sesame Street's classic era(usually Kermit or Cookie) were some of the most memorable and touching moments in all of Henson history.

I felt virtually every moment of the Muppets guesting on Disney channel tween shows was painfully dreadful, but everything about what I've seen and read of "Muppet Moments" is perfect. Because let's face it, some of the best things ever to watch are unscripted moments and the dynamic here is way too adorable and fun.

beaker

Reaction score
I can't think of a single Muppet in 60 years of them doing their thing that wouldn't work with kids. I hope this they can continue this series long enough, as I'd love to see some really obscure Muppets. I mean as much as main characters like Rizzo and Bobo would be perfect, would love to see kids talking to Carl, Droop, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, and so on.

But yeah this definitely has the magic of those Sesame moments. And that's why I love everything Murray/Ovejita have done and consider it the best thing Sesame's had on the show since the 80's.

beaker

Reaction score
I really wish that the people at ToughPigs would be more optimistic, open-minded and understanding of these new shorts just like us.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=toughpigs&nav=messages&msg=16033.15&prettyurl=/toughpigs/messages/?msg=16033.15&gid=2020618075

Those ToughPigs tend to be way too negative, mean-spirited, close-minded, acting like armchair quarterbacks who think they could do things better than the people running the company, etc. :mad:
Uh, well they're grownups still using an archaic 1990's website as a forum...and not out of nostalgia or irony. It's funny as TP as a website is great and immensely positive as well as all the solid exclusives they get with performers/muppet characters on youtube. But yeah it's a very Aint It Cool news talkback vibe there.
(ok I just realize the fact we're on a forum here at MC period is so very 2002-2004ish, heh)

But I feel I can tell when "baby" stuff is of high quality. While I hated Animal Jam, Hoobs, and couldnt get into Pajanimals I LOVE Bear in the Big Blue House and consider it the best JHC produced series since Fraggle Rock. Heck a part of me even kind of likes that Hulu Doozers series.

Status
Not open for further replies.