Oscar The Grouch On Portlandia

beaker

Reaction score
Just saw the hilarious spoof of "Birdman" featuring Carroll and Big Bird, and now I just
watched the newest episode of Portlandia and Oscar the Grouch is in one of the skits, as himself. Totally out of the blue.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh nice it's online. I always love seeing Sesame characters pop up in non Sesame productions.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't help being curious, but was that Carroll or Eric as Oscar there? I thought the voice sounded a bit different and we know know that Eric is understudying for Carroll as the grouch, so just thought I'd ask.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Sorry, but I can't help being curious, but was that Carroll or Eric as Oscar there? I thought the voice sounded a bit different and we know know that Eric is understudying for Carroll as the grouch, so just thought I'd ask.
Caroll did the voice, Matt did the puppetry.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay. Maybe Matt might take over Oscar whenever Carroll retires or whatever rather than Eric. You never know.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Oh, okay. Maybe Matt might take over Oscar whenever Carroll retires or whatever rather than Eric. You never know.
I don't think Matt will take over. Maybe he did the voice for Caroll and he thought he didn't sound like him, so he choice Eric. Noel MacNeal auditioned to be Caroll's understudy for Big Bird, but he couldn't do the voice. So Caroll choice Matt.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've been thinking about that and maybe it would be a good idea to have :wisdom: and :grouchy: have separate puppeteers when the time comes so it will allow more interaction between the two of them. After all, that's why Dave was given :insatiable: rather than Eric. :smile: