Henson Rarities on Youtube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As if --

I've had the most trouble with Star Wars material actually. Which is now owned by Disney. Had both a Youtube and a Vimeo account shut down due to that.
I guess I can think about a few things, besides what I heard being incorrect. Maybe Disney changed its policy between your Star Wars uploads and when I read about the no block policy (or vice versa).

Or maybe it's a third party rights or distribution thing (depending on whether you were told Disney took it down). I think 20th Century Fox still owns the distribution rights to all the old Star Wars movies (not sure about things like The Star Wars Holiday Special or the various Star Wars animated shows), much like how Disney's purchase of the Muppets didn't include the distribution rights to MTM or MFS, or like how Disney's purchase of Marvel didn't include the distribution rights to the various Marvel movies (though I think Disney eventually bought some of the rights).

Or maybe you uploaded something that some third party released before and is blocking despite not owning the rights. Warner Music Group used to block a few Muppet Show clips because the songs/music were released on old out-of-print albums that the company put out, though it seems they're not blocked anymore (or maybe they've passed WMG's radar). And Lionsgate blocked a few fan-uploaded Sesame Street clips that appeared in Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting because the company released that special on video (but since Lionsgate lost the Henson video rights it seems like Lionsgate no longer blocks that stuff).

Or when it comes to fan-uploaded footage maybe Disney is a lot more protective of Star Wars than Muppets and other properties.

Or maybe it's something else (or, like I said, maybe the "no block" policy wasn't true).

tygerbug

Reaction score
Star Wars people will absolutely take down any and all channels on Youtube, Vimeo, and so on. I see it happen constantly. And if I were uploading commercially available stuff from Disney or the Muppets, I'd be in trouble quick.

Erine81981

Reaction score
SHOOT! I just created a thread for this kinda thing. Now i guess it can be re-directed over to this thread.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Interesting German appearance there. Not that I speak it!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Henson Rarities on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8JxjRYYaLbs9fgsu13iQw

I've started a new channel for posting Henson rarities that I've restored myself from (mostly) VHS sources, starting out with three unaired episodes of Little Muppet Monsters (and two of the aired episodes).

As you might know, I've been collecting and restoring rarer Muppet productions for a few years now, with a special focus on The Jim Henson Hour and other specials from the classic era. I keep an email list and have put rare stuff out for download. Anyway, you'll want to keep your eyes on this channel!
Do you have any of the following:
-the 1956 Steve Allen Show appearances
-the 1966 Mike Douglas Show appearances
-the 1969 Tonight Show appearances
-That's Life
-any of the unreleased Ed Sullivan Show appearances (What Kind of Fool Am I, Come Together, etc.)
-the special This is Tom Jones appearances
-the Goro Noguchi special from Japan

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't think I can thank you enough for what's been posted. I found that your channel has a number of rarities that I didn't think anybody had, along with things I figured people had but hadn't uploaded and some things I hadn't known about. Of course there's Muppet Madness and some of the unfinished Little Muppet Monsters, but I'm also happy to see that Jim Henson Hour promo reel (the one that takes place on the Dog City set), the introduction for the 1989 Magical World of Disney airing of A Muppet Family Christmas (I'd been wondering if any of us had it, I hadn't even seen pictures at Muppet Wiki), and the Muppets at the 1984 People's Choice Awards (I'd never even known about that appearance).

While not exactly rare, I'm also glad you uploaded Melissa Manchester singing "Whenever I Call You Friend". That clip on its own hadn't been on YouTube for awhile (so the only way to watch it on YouTube is to watch the whole episode).

tygerbug

Reaction score
Thank you. I've worked very hard to restore this material (although many of the recent uploads were not restored by me) and am grateful to those who have shared rare material with me.

I've just finished a version of Julie Andrews: One Step Into Spring, so look out for that.

There's more coming if I can find the time inbetween working on my own projects.

(I'm not really working from a massive archive here and can't take requests, but the Steve Allen Show appearance is excerpted three times in the news reports on Jim Henson's death.)

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Hi tygerbug! I know you don't take requests, but if you ever find the Sesame Street special Out To Lunch (1974), could you please upload it? It's one of the most sought-after specials amongst Muppet fans, with the SS Muppets venturing into more adult material with Carol Burnett, Barbara Eden, Elliot Gould, Rita Moreno, Morgan Freeman, and other celebrities. Thank you!