The Steven Universe thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
*climbs on top of moutain and clears throat*

SPACE LESBIAAAAAAANS!!!!!

AlsoGarnetgeteherownsongeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I always say, the voice actresses for the Gems all come from musical backgrounds and have amazing singing voices. They just don't get to sing enough.

Wonder if Sapphire and Ruby are going to be a regular thing or if they're just far more comfortable as Garnet.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Like I always say, the voice actresses for the Gems all come from musical backgrounds and have amazing singing voices. They just don't get to sing enough.
Amethyst used to work on Barney, of all shows! I'd say this is a better venue for her. :big_grin:

Wonder if Sapphire and Ruby are going to be a regular thing or if they're just far more comfortable as Garnet.
I'm more looking forward to what Pearl and Garnet look like when fused.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Amethyst used to work on Barney, of all shows! I'd say this is a better venue for her.
And as a character even that fanbase didn't like. I agree, This series really gets to show she had talent all along. She's my personal favorite Gem.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score

I have high expectations should Nicki Minaj return as Sugilite

I think that Ruby and Sapphire are more comfortable as Garnet rather than being separate. Pearl has said that fusions are only used as a last resort so it might be uncomfortable for most gems in that case, which we do see in earlier episodes. Amethyst and Garnet were completely worn out after Pearl defeated Sugilite and Connie seemed to be more uncomfortable when she and Steven became Stevonnie. With Garnet, however, she is completely stable, likely because Ruby and Sapphire choose to be as close as possible even if it means being the same person for thousands of years.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't seen the latest episodes, but this news... *Joey Lawerence "Whoa!"
If I'm understanding this correctly...
*Insert Wayne Campbell screen-splitting from Wayne's World 1.
All Crystal Gems, *Full-screen shot of Garnet.
Are made up of other Crystal Gems fused together, *Garnet splits into Ruby on the left half and Sapphire on the right half of the screen.
Which are made of a fusion of two other Gems, *Screen divides into Ruby on top and bottom left, Sapphire on top and bottom right.
And They're made of a fusion of two other Gems, *screen splits into eighths.
And two more Gems, *screen splits into sixteen.
And two more Gems, *screen splits into thirty-two.
And so on and son and so on at infinitum.

Somehow I feel like someone took a stick to the Steven Universe dynamic, giving it a good whack like a piñata, braking it open and releasing a shower of Skittles-like mini Crystal Gems to further blow our concept of the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nah, it's just Garnet. And the Gems always knew, but wanted to save it for Steven's Birthday for some reason.

Amethyst was an Earth made Gem.

Pearl was always there and a close personal friend to Rose Quartz.

Actually, they just replayed Alone Together. The rewatch on that episode has just jumped through the roof. I'd say it's just that short of foreshadowing. Garnet has the most experience fusing, no wonder she's so happy that Steven fused into Stevonnie and personally talking to him/her/them. Not to mention that Steven and Connie are about the same size as Ruby and Sapphire, but almost as tall as Garnet as Stevonnie.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I remember reading a theory that the more close and in-sync the two persons of a fusion are, the more 'human' they appear. For example, Opal has two sets of arms and transforms back into Pearl and Amethyst when alarmed. This could be argued that, even when fused, they still don't see eye to eye or their personalities are just too different. The same can be said for Sugilite, Alexandrite and Malachite (the name of Jasper and Lapis' fusion, which Garnet comments "Yikes! They are really bad for each other").

However, Garnet and Stevonnie appear normal with no extra limbs or oddities, except for being very tall and Garnet's third eye. We already know that Steven and Connie get along more than fantastically and based on what we've seen oof Ruby and Sapphire...well, like I said before;

*climbs on top of moutain and clears throat*

SPACE LESBIAAAAAAANS!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a short preview of the Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa Crossover episode:

Uncle Grandpa is sure Steven Universe animation looking alright. Love the interrupting show promo gag.