Most Annoying TV Series Ever?

mr3urious

Reaction score
One TLC show as repulsive as Honey Boo Boo... Extreme Cheapskates.

I can admire people in this day and age who can be thrifty, make ends meet, and stretch a buck. Making sacrifices so your family can have a better life, kudos to you.

But compromising your or your family's well-being by eating outdated food you fished out of the garbage, because you're too friggin' stingy to splurge for Ramen noodles, you need serious help.

Living a miserly existence when you CAN afford better- just because parting with your money hurts you that much- is nothing to brag about.

Money is not the root of all evil, but THE LOVE OF MONEY is. In the end, you're still not gonna be able to take it with you.
I agree with you. Doing things like refilling bottles of ketchup with restaurant packets or shaking every last drop of gas out of the hose at the station is one thing, but eating half-eaten crap from the garbage when they have plenty of money themselves is crossing the line into cheapskate territory. It's also another good example of a point and laugh type of show, which TLC thrives on. :mad:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Extreme Cheapskates has to be all faked. I can't imagine these people are real. I saw one bit where a guy coated his entire house with plastic wrap in order to preserve the resale value of his residence. How do you live like that? It just doesn't seem real.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with you. Doing things like refilling bottles of ketchup with restaurant packets or shaking every last drop of gas out of the hose at the station is one thing, but eating half-eaten crap from the garbage when they have plenty of money themselves is crossing the line into cheapskate territory. It's also another good example of a point and laugh type of show, which TLC thrives on. :mad:
Dance Moms.

That show is pure GARBAGE.
While it is indeed disgusting to eat out of the trash when you actually can afford food and everything, especially since there are those who have no choice but to eat from the garbage, TLC's programming is absolutely disgraceful.

Yeah, you hear "Fox News is evil" all the time, but TLC completely outdoes them in shameless, horrific, dehumanizing, apocalyptic, Poe's Law type circus shows one thousand fold! Where are the "there's too much sex and violence on TV" crusaders on this network? This programming is the most exploitative stuff humanity has to offer outside of a Judge Dredd/Robocop style dark parody. 800 pound people being called "Half Ton," crazy trailer trash exploiting their pug fugly kids, creepy cult members with too freaking many kids, and of course, parents with too many kids that can't even handle a relationship between themselves using their kids as a baby lasso to stardom. Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. I reiterate. All these supposedly moral jerks that want to bleach television of any realistic content, why is no one complaining about these shows? They need to stop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't feel like sifting through this entire thread to see if I mentioned it yet or not. ABC's Once Upon a Time has always been kinda overrated and goofy, but now it's just passed to the level of horrible fan fic that's just one step away from being the "Pooh's Adventures of" of television shows.

To make matters worse, this season's story arc is about villains flipping the script for their own happy endings.

Better known as the exact plotline from Shrek 3. Okay, one of the too many jumbled plotlines from Shrek 3 (that movie was a mess) but a plotline from Shrek 3 none the less. They can't even rip off a GOOD Shrek. They went for the movie that broke the franchise. And that's not even the most annoying aspect.

The new line up of villains includes Maleficent ... natch. She had that movie after all. A hot race lifted Ursula. No problems there. Pretty evil stuff. And... Cruella DeVille?!?! Okay. Maleficent and Ursula are one thing. They're both revenge seeking villains playing dangerous politics to overthrow/kill/turn into wormy things royals that done them wrong. Cruella wanted to kill puppies to make a coat and paid crooks to kidnap them. Evil, at the very least not politically correct yes. The same level of "will kill children to get whatever political scheme they want" no. I'm sure the real life context would be Cruella fumes for a few months and just goes to assorted crooked puppy mills and makes the exact same darn coat.

I get the "crossing over every single Disney villain that looks good on a middleaged woman's coffee mug" angle... but come on... Cruella?!?! You can't think of anyone else? Yzma's always available. I'm sure you could turn her into the boring thing she was going to be in Kingdom of the Sun. I'd actually watch the show with Yzma in it.

Princeton

Reaction score
don't worry, it hasn't been mentioned before. you summed up pretty perfectly why I have no use for that show. I kind of tend to be a Disney purist and with that comes an appreciation for some of their more obscure films. So when you take the entire Disney Canon as a whole you realize that some of their better villains are the ones that are not exactly marketable hence why they're not going to be featured on once upon a time.the prime two examples I'm thinking of are Medusa from the original rescuers film and Ratigan from the Great Mouse Detective. But of course those films came out before the Little Mermaid so naturally Disney has no use for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I don't really think it matters. I feel the show's just a glorified fan fic crossover and there have been better fairy tale crossovers in the past. The thing that bugs me is that these tend to be Disney versions of the characters, and some just don't fit in. The worst of that being they take genuinely funny characters and drain them into some one dimensional emo/drama version of the character yet they're officially the Disney versions of them, so what's the point?

I laugh about how poorly received the Alice in Wonderland spinoff was. I actually quite like the concept of Alice being in a mental institution. But instead of relying on the Wonderland characters, they awkwardly mixed in Aladdin characters. A not funny Genie and an only flamboyant dressed Jafar. You mean to tell me they couldn't do anything with the Queen of Hearts, they had to put Jafar in there?! They managed to out 14 year old emo girl fan fic Tim Burton's version, and by a greater amount of Deviant Art Fan fickery. At least Tim Burton's one was just a product line from Hot Topic.

And now we have this plotline. Pooh's Adventures of Shrek the Third. Really... It started off as a 14 year old girl's definition of deep and that was bad enough. Now it's utter "look who's interacting with who" nonsense you'd expect from an obsessive 10 year old.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this programming block before, but I absolutely HATE Nick Sports on Nicktoons. Two awful cartoons. Fine. Sucky live action movies? Okay. Sports wrap up shows for kids. Alright. BUT STAY IN YOUR OWN CONTAINED TIME SLOT! No need for Little Ballers to be shown 3 times a week twice in a month. Seems that, with Nick, if it's something they want the audience to like, they force it down the audiences' throats hard until they do. And to make matters worse, because the March Nick Sports line up is all movies, they have Saturday marathons of their worst show which I'm sure you know. And they got rid of the Zim and El Tigre broadcasts to fit a show nobody freaking likes.

Also... Nick's live action crapcoms are taking over the network again. Especially Nicky, Sicky, Schticky, Crappy, Sucky and Dawn. It's like when it's not Spongebob, it's those stupid sitcom trope kids. Yeah, it's a kid's network, and kids like to watch other kids, and they haven't seen every single family sitcom ever made to see the same exact pattern. BUT for the love of PETE! Air one of your darn not-Spongebob cartoons once in a while.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It didn't even premiere yet, but I'm already sick to freaking death of Game Shakers. Why?

Because Nick keeps shoving advertising of the show violently down your throat if you so much as DARE watch an Alvin and the Chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or Pig Goat Banana Cricket. Like twice per commercial break. And the advertising is the most obnoxious thing you could imagine. The Roll call of "look at how cool and unique these characters are, and their personalities can be summed up in catchphrases" variety. One character they establish as the boring, straight laces genius by saying "she loves dry wheat toast" (something that's funny for a yellow Muppet with a unibrow, an actual human character on a supposed reality based series, not so much) and that she "built her first computer when she was five" (which is a TOTALLY believable thing. I mean, it takes, what? 3-4 years to learn complex codes and the average toddler gains an understanding of the world around them and permanent memory at around age 3... totes based in reality). And the other is Street Smart because she has a tude! Oooh! A 'tude! But really. Should I expect anything less from 40 year olds trying to understand the youth culture and their newfangled iPads and those "Angered Birds Guys?"

To say these guys are screamingly out of touch with today's anyone under the age of 35 is an understatement. But the freaking non-stop "we've distilled these stock personalities down to a catchphrase" advertisements are abrasive and painful to watch.