Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of Pixar... They just released a synopsis of Toy Story 4, saying how it won't really focus on the relationship between the toys and their current (or former) owners nor will it necessarily be a continuation of either TS3 or the previous trilogy. Rather, Toy Story 4 will be the *in deep voice: looooooove story *back to normal voice romcom that pretty much has become a hacknied formulaic plot at this point. So I guess all you Woody+Dolly or Buzz+Jesse shippers will get what you've always wanted. *Shrugs.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Speaking of Pixar... They just released a synopsis of Toy Story 4, saying how it won't really focus on the relationship between the toys and their current (or former) owners nor will it necessarily be a continuation of either TS3 or the previous trilogy. Rather, Toy Story 4 will be the *in deep voice: looooooove story *back to normal voice romcom that pretty much has become a hacknied formulaic plot at this point. So I guess all you Woody+Dolly or Buzz+Jesse shippers will get what you've always wanted. *Shrugs.
Hoooooo boy. Wonder if Gonzo predicted that too. Seriously though, if I wanted a Toy Story with a romance as the main plot, I would have looked through ff.net or a03.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
a03? Mayhaps you meant AO3, Archive Of Our Own? Haven't signed up there, I've got enough stories on my profile at ff.net though, but I'd wish they lifted the rating lock from K-T so I can set it back to All Ratings. And could they bring back the audio code for us visually challenged members to log back into our accounts? Then again, if they made it a permanent login that would also solve the problem.

Sorry for the mini-rant. *Goes back to waiting for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
a03? Mayhaps you meant AO3, Archive Of Our Own? Haven't signed up there, I've got enough stories on my profile at ff.net though, but I'd wish they lifted the rating lock from K-T so I can set it back to All Ratings. And could they bring back the audio code for us visually challenged members to log back into our accounts? Then again, if they made it a permanent login that would also solve the problem.

Sorry for the mini-rant. *Goes back to waiting for Tom Hanks to make Toy Story 4.
Yeah, I forgot it's and O and not a 0. But yeah I meant Archive Of Our Own. I feel that they're better at searching for fanfics because you can tag them and put up warnings so as you know what to avoid and there's an option to sort and filter them. FF.net is just has a bleh search that does very little I feel. Sucks about AO3 not having the audio code though...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, it's ff that doesn't have a working audio code, I'm not a member of AO3 so I wouldn't know. Although if all the fics and authors I've got tagged at my ff profile can be found and re-tagged at AO3, I might consider switching sites. Oh well.

What I'm really waiting for isn't TS4, it's the small thread of hope I cling to for the Pixar Día de los Muertos film. :sigh:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I was really unsure what to make of this description when I read about it. It sounds strange, but the toy world is so well-developed that I can extend some benefit of the doubt for now. Not enough information yet.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Actually, it's ff that doesn't have a working audio code, I'm not a member of AO3 so I wouldn't know. Although if all the fics and authors I've got tagged at my ff profile can be found and re-tagged at AO3, I might consider switching sites. Oh well.

What I'm really waiting for isn't TS4, it's the small thread of hope I cling to for the Pixar Día de los Muertos film. :sigh:
We probably won't get it because of Book of. Life

Drtooth

Reaction score
The funny thing about Book of Life is that Jorge Guitirrez has been trying to get the project off the ground for years. Well before Pixar announced it. Pixar's film has been in development purgatory for years, and while I'd say BOL is a part of the problem, something tells me they had only a vague concept. The last I even heard about it was Disney getting flack for trying to copyright the term "Dia De Los Muertos" because it was the film's original title. Even Pixar's Wiki doesn't know the fate of the movie. Even if it does come out, these fast tracked sequels would undoubtedly push it way off until at least 2018.

No matter what their plans are for TS4, I just can't get behind it. If even those working on the film felt the last one ended too perfectly to directly continue it you know something's up. Sounds like a spinoff movie that should have a completely different title at best. I swear they can condense the plot down to a half hour and make it a Toy Story Valentines special. The characters are best suited for shorts and specials without having to make another film.

Unless they make a Buzz Lightyear of Star Command spinoff film. That would be something.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Given that Pixar's adopting a two-movie per year release schedule: Inside-Out in June/Summer 2015 and The Good Dinosaur in November/Fall/Holiday Season 2015; Finding Dori in June/Summer 2016, and that November/Fall/Holiday Season 2016 spot remains open, I'll still cling to my last thread of hope.

In other movie news... Is it bad of me that I'm completely glossing over Mrs. Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Boys so we can get to Beetlejuice Returns? Reading the newer synopsis for BJ2, it makes you think that they inserted the characters from that movie into the storyline from The Corpse Bride with a few genderflips, like Lydia in the Victor Van Dort role. But the more interesting tidbit is they're planning to give the Barkas Bittern role to Claire Brewster. Could it be they're finally tieing in the animated series universe with the cinematic universe? We'll have to wait more than a year for the finished product to find out for sure.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't really think they've followed through with the two movies per year. Good Dinosaur was supposed to be released last year, but behind the scenes problems bumped it up, so to stay on track it's getting a November release. I'd much rather Disney release their own films that time of year because that's how we got Wreck it Ralph and Big Hero 6. And that other thing.

I don't know what to make of a second Beetlejuice, though. Usually these decades long periods between movies don't yield good results. I'd love to see an animated project featuring Beetlejuice with Keaton doing the voice of the character. Even then, while there is a great deal of Neitherworld to explore, I just don't see it being something fans of the original movie would be happy with.