Your Thoughts: The Muppets Character Encyclopedia

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
One thing I wonder is, regarding first appearances, why did the book use the Muppets Tonight production order as opposed to the broadcast order? It seems like Muppet Wiki was used as a reference, and so in finding first appearances, the broadcast orders should have been used.
Maybe the broadcast dates are harder to find? Muppets Tonight's airdates didn't seem very clear, because it got cancelled and re-aired on Disney Channel. I have no idea.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After reading Craig Shemin's interview and seeing that they didn't want to use screen grabs if they didn't have to, I kept thinking about how every page has at least one screen grab (even for characters who should be easy to find three actual photos of), and kept wondering if he meant they wanted each page to include at least one photo that wasn't a screen grab or wanted the main picture to be a non-screen grab. But then I thought of something else: Many screen grabs are accompanied by information about the scenes in question, so perhaps that's why they included them in photos of main characters like Gonzo*, Animal*, Rowlf, and Scooter, because they wanted to include those moments.

*though I'm not really sure whether the images in question are screen grabs or photos taken for the storybooks/promotional purposes. Though the one on the Animal page seems to have a "faded" quality that most of the screen grabs have.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I know his thread is kind of outdated but has anyone seen that picture of Mildred Huxtetter before? It looks like it was taken for the book.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this thread after a decade's time, but I did an actual search for the topic and this seemed to be the best thread to post in.

So apparently there was a second edition of the book published in 2019. What I'm wondering is...
Was it a straight-up reprint of the original edition?
Or were there more characters included that weren't in the first edition, and if so, which characters were new additions?

Hope for a reply or two when possible, thanks. :fanatic: