Twice Upon a Time

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CN seemed to play it very irregularly, apparently, the last time it was seen on CN was 2003, and that also happened to be the last time, so far, it's EVER been broadcasted on TV; apparently, Comcast/xfinity/whatever recently had it available On Demand recently, but I wasn't aware of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sad thing is, DVD's have the data to have multiple versions of a movie. There is compromise there, but again... stubbornness. And that's effectively erasing this movie from history.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How many other versions are there, exactly? I know there's the raunchy/adult version, and a cleaned-up PG version, but it seems like I read there was also another version with slightly different plot that focused more on the Frivoli guy rather than Ralph and Mumford.

One cool thing about this movie, though, is that it provides us with just about the only photo of Lorenzo Music's face ever in existence.

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved that movie so much. I watched it all the time, when my parents first got cable. I noticed it had a familiar Sesame Street type animation. And I love how Ralph can transform into any animal and Rod Rescueman is the funniest character in the movie.
Plus did it seemed like most of the dialogue was ad-libbed?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Plus did it seemed like most of the dialogue was ad-libbed?
I read on Wikipedia that one of the reasons the adult version with the swearing and the explicit language exists it because they really could only afford to hire improv comics to do the voices; the guy who voiced Synonamess Botch in particular let the explicits fly because he thought the raunchy aspect fit the character better.

So yeah, I'm sure a huge chunk of the dialogue is ad-libbed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Turner Classic Movies, of all channels, it airing this January 31.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
It says both versions will be released. Personally, I'm disappointed this is another MOD release instead of something you can actually buy at a store at comparative prices.

I may just try and get it anyway. The uncensored version of course. I'm glad a compromise has been made somehow anyway. The bullcrap that kept this classic at bay also helped to kill any growth to the cult fanbase of the film. This thing was deep cult.

Yet it aired on American Spanish television... which is where I saw it first. Confused the crap out of me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I'm disappointed this is another MOD release instead of something you can actually buy at a store at comparative prices.
Wait, it is? I missed that.

Never mind then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Better than nothing. And we've had nothing for years.