Best Sesame Albums

cjd874

Reaction score
I agree with your honorable mentions but with Sesame Country
And what album should they re-issue that they don't have already out? :confused:
Oh yes. I nearly forgot! Sesame Country is also another one I grew up on.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Wow! Autographed Sesame Street Book and Record or is it Sesame Street 1?
I still have my Sesame Street records and The Muppet Show Music Album (Lucky to have someone who visted the UK and got me the Muppet Show albums) I'm still looking for The Muppet Show and The Muppet Show 2 LP from the UK. (No ebay because I don't have PayPal) A while back, I bought a used Sesame Street Big Bird turnable with a spinning Big Bird on top of the needle. Only 45's though, but I have one for LP's
The only difference between Original Book and Record and Sesame Street 1 is the cover. Album contents are the same. SS1's cover was a street shot from around 1974, and had Snuffy posing with the cast. (Now why couldn't they turn around THEN and see him? Would've saved Big Bird ten years of heartache!)

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The only difference between Original Book and Record and Sesame Street 1 is the cover. Album contents are the same. SS1's cover was a street shot from around 1974, and had Snuffy posing with the cast. (Now why couldn't they turn around THEN and see him? Would've saved Big Bird ten years of heartache!)
Oh, okay

cjd874

Reaction score
Quick question (sorry to divert the discussion):
In this version of the photo used for SS1, Grover is posing behind the mailbox with Ernie and Bert. But strangely, I can't see him in the actual photo used for SS1. Does it have to do with the camera angles used for each shot?

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Quick question (sorry to divert the discussion):
In this version of the photo used for SS1, Grover is posing behind the mailbox with Ernie and Bert. But strangely, I can't see him in the actual photo used for SS1. Does it have to do with the camera angles used for each shot?
No, it looked like they edited Grover out. Mabye because he wasnt an offical character on SS yet, but then why'd they leave Snuffy in? Never mind, it looks different look at the two pictures they have slight differences, so maybe a 2nd picture they took

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Because in the first pic Cookie is looking straight and the one for the LP Cookie is looking a big more downward. Sherlock and Ernie are abit more to the side in the LP cover and we miss cute adorable Grover. Luis to the left of the adults has different poses and so does Bob, Maria, David and the little girl next to Big Brid

Luke kun

Reaction score
"Susan Sings Songs from Sesame Street" and "The Muppet Alphabet Album". That and Strawberry Shortcake Live were my favorite albums back in the day. I liked the songs in the alphabet album about W and Z. (I'm a W lover!)

Luke kun

Reaction score
"Susan Sings Songs from Sesame Street" and "The Muppet Alphabet Album". That and Strawberry Shortcake Live were my favorite albums back in the day. I liked the songs in the alphabet album about W and Z. (I'm a W lover!)
And the beginning of the song "Flying" on Strawberry Shortcake Live sounds like "Rainbow Connection!" :laugh: