You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

mr3urious

Reaction score
That and you need the Internet to watch them on Netflix, so there's more money for that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did I not mention that? *Looks back* Guess I didn't. But oh well. At least I got the first world problem point across, lol.

On a serious note, however, I've heard from some people that the quality of the show on Netflix is actually inferior to DVD anyway: people were really hoping for newer HD transfers of the show, but that didn't happen . . . and apparently, there's some video/audio syncing problems . . . so, yeah, I'll just stick with my DVDs that I already bought and paid for and can watch whenever I want to.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's one recent episode of The Big Bang Theory where Penny's car breaks down, shortly after she had quit her job at the Cheesecake Factory to focus on acting and had spent most of her savings, therefore she can't afford to fix her car, and she complains about the fact that not having a car means that she can't drive to auditions and will have to go back to working her old day job at the Cheesecake Factory (assuming they'd take her back). But she's only worried that she can't go to auditions because of her not having a car. Shouldn't she also be worried about not being able to drive to work, whether it's The Cheesecake Factory, some other "day job", or to an acting job? In fact if she didn't get hired back and had to work somewhere else, wouldn't she have to worry about the possibilities of not being able to drive to job interviews?

She could just take other modes of transportation, but that was brought up a little, when Leonard told her he would drive her to auditions but she said he couldn't because he had a job, and they never bring up other options like taking the bus. She worried about not being able to make it to auditions but didn't seem to worry about making it to studios if she actually did have acting jobs. Wouldn't it be more important to have reliable transportation to an actual acting job (where time is money) than an audition?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so what's the deal with Justin Bieber getting a celebrity roast? I mean, he's just in his twenties, and he's only been around, what, barely even five years? Don't they usually hold roasts for celebrities who are, y'know, older, more distinguished, and have had a lengthy career that's left a lasting impact on the viewing public?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Okay, so what's the deal with Justin Bieber getting a celebrity roast? I mean, he's just in his twenties, and he's only been around, what, barely even five years? Don't they usually hold roasts for celebrities who are, y'know, older, more distinguished, and have had a lengthy career that's left a lasting impact on the viewing public?
I think it's a PR play to get him back in the good graces of the media by showing he can "laugh at himself". Kind of like when Lindsey Lohan goes on David Letterman after every time she gets in legal trouble and cracks jokes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, if that's the case, there's no hope for Bieber, because let's face it, Lohan's washed up. She did have some actual talent and a promising career when she was younger, but she messed herself with so much partying, alcohol, sex, and other such stuff that now, she can't even act anymore . . . and yet, whenever she does actually appear in a new movie (and let's face it, she hasn't been in a good movie since she threw her career in the crapper), she's always, "I don't get it, why is everybody slamming my new movies and being so mean to me?"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Lohan got a lot of bad breaks in her life. Her parents seem to be an utter mess and I don't underestimate the damage that causes, pretty much forever. Plus Hollywood really does chew up and spit out its child actors. Execs will turn a blind eye to drug and alcohol abuse, even if it's killing you, as long as you're at work on time. They don't care if you're hurting yourself or others, as long as you continue to bring in the money. But if you get to the point where you can't function, suddenly those same execs laughably claim to be responsible people, and kick you to the curb. And entirely because you're no longer able to be their cash cow. It's not a kind business. Not at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought roasts were where you make mean comments about people that, despite the roasting, actually do like. If that's the case, why would Justin Bieber be a good roast subject? And I wonder how many of the roasters will really mean the mean things they say out of meanness as opposed to just being funny?

Not sure if this is really something for the other questions thread, but today I saw that Epic Mickey 2 is available on both the Nintendo Wii and WiiU. Isn't that kind of redundant, since the WiiU plays Wii games (and you can download Wii games on the WiiU as well)? Do the two versions have any significant differences (I imagine they did something for the WiiU controller)?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tonight I saw an episode of WKRP in Cincinnati in which Herb makes a sponsorship deal with a company that makes a potentially dangerous drug (but isn't illegal to sell), but after the station realizes that this could have negative consequences, the sponsor refuses to accept his check back, stating that they have a contract to run ads for his company 18 times over the course of two weeks, and threatens legal action if they don't run the ads.

Now, it was said that they had to air the ads 18 times over the course of two weeks, but I don't think it was said when they had to air them. If they were so concerned about promoting a product that they really don't want to promote, couldn't they just run them during the really late night/early morning hours when hardly anyone would be awake and listening (especially with the station being one that wasn't very successful in the first place)?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching this episode of The Flintstones today, and while I can't say it was the earliest one, it was fairly early on in the series (it used the Rise and Shine titles), and they did something here I've never seen in a Flintstones cartoon before. Something never featured before or later...

Dogs. Not dinosaurs in Dog roles. Not Saber-tooth Dogs... actual dog dogs. Now, I know Rocky Ratrock had a Muttley looking thing in the Flintstones Kids, but I've never seen any non-dinosaur based mutts in the series before.