Disney Princesses

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the world wasn't quite as overly sensitive in 1993. You didn't hear about artists being threatened left and right.
You didn't hear about that stuff, but crap like that happened. We had that kind of religious terrorism since the 80's, the media just wasn't all over it. I do remember a not so funny gag in Cracked magazine about Aladdin having a wanted poster for carpet bombings.

I'm surprised they even got away with the line in question, "Allah forbid you have any daughters," as it's basically just a cultural substitution of a term that actually isn't used like that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You didn't hear about that stuff, but crap like that happened. We had that kind of religious terrorism since the 80's, the media just wasn't all over it. I do remember a not so funny gag in Cracked magazine about Aladdin having a wanted poster for carpet bombings.
It's always existed to a certain extent. Reflected in, say, that Transformers character that offended Casey Kasem. I don't mind the occasional edgy humor about it. If I, as an Italian, have to constantly tolerate people's childish obsession with the mob, then other cultures can deal with this stuff too.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score

I'm surprised they even got away with the line in question, "Allah forbid you have any daughters," as it's basically just a cultural substitution of a term that actually isn't used like that.
Aladdin a wanted poster for...carpet bombing?