Annoying Characters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think he would clobber anybody who dare either A.Try to fire him. or B:Speak up for the Muppaphones.(Other than the guest stars...)
I'd hate to think what would happen if Behemoth tried eating him...:ouch:

cjd874

Reaction score
I was never a fan of Andy and Randy Pig. I mean, there were a bunch of annoying characters on Muppets Tonight, but for me they take the grand prize. They literally never got anything right and they were too dumb to realize their mistakes. The shtick got old pretty quickly. They made Beauregard look like an Oxford graduate.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was never a fan of Andy and Randy Pig. I mean, there were a bunch of annoying characters on Muppets Tonight, but for me they take the grand prize. They literally never got anything right and they were too dumb to realize their mistakes. The shtick got old pretty quickly. They made Beauregard look like an Oxford graduate.
Yeah there's a fine line there between endearingly incompetent and annoyingly incompetent! I think a lot of it depends on the attitude. Being stupid in itself isn't funny. It's the juxtaposition of how the character reacts to the damage he's causing. Beauregard's an easy going, humble sort of guy. He notices when things go wrong, he's just kinda slow on the uptake. Andy and Randy are more like those losers in school who delight in how ignorant they are, lol.

Like, when I was a kid, I mentioned to some fellow students that there were actually four Musketeers, because my Dad had told me the story how by the end D'Artagnan ends up becoming one. These genius classmates of mine proceeded to laugh in my face about how wrong I was, because the only musketeer they knew about was the candy bar! Andy and Randy remind me of them (and I guess that made me Sam the Eagle! Lol :stick_out_tongue:)

Fozzie was somewhat like this on the first season of Muppet Show, before they got him right. Like when he gets locked in the magician's box and shouts to Kermit, "The show needs me, Kermit! Who cares about a frog?!" and the little window closes behind him, I actually wanted to cheer, lol. :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Andy and Randy have that sort of lame dumb guys schtick that writers tend to think is funnier than it really is. Sort of like how bad Bebop and Rocksteady got in TMNT as early as season 3. Which is a shame, since the five part opening series showed them as a genuine threat, just not too bright.

I'd say the new pigs in general on MT (with the exception of Howard, and only then because of the writing of the skits he was in) were awful. Hasslehog and Spamela were even flatter than the celebrities they were parodying. But Andy and Randy deserve special notice for being a loose collection of lame dumb jokes and not for having any character beyond that. Their brightest moment was the John Goodman episode, and even that could have been handled better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The whole thing can be chalked up to what made MT hit or miss. A lot of the pop culture bits worked. Unfortunately, they were all one shots. Seinfeld Babies was brilliant on many levels because it had levels. Bay of Pigs Watch didn't parody the show, didn't even give it a shallow parody. It was just dumb pigs doing dumb things on a beach. Same deal with the Deep Dish Six bit that removed everything that made the original Pigs in Space funny. All for dumb pig characters.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Characters I find annoying include:
- Elmo!!!!! (He is the worst fictional character of all time, not just the worst Muppet-related character).
- Abby Cadabby
- Zoe
- Rosita
- Pepe (I hate that little f***er)
- Any newer character from Sesame Street (post-1980s, that is)
- Any Jim Henson Hour character
- Cotterpin Doozer
- All the other Doozers (Wrench, Flange, Wingnut, Turbo, etc.)
- Junior Gorg (especially in Back to the Rock)
- Mokey Fraggle (especially in Back to the Rock)

groverandgrapes

Reaction score
I have some I hate
Prairie dawn
Baby bear
Snuffleupagus
Walter
Pepé
Any gorgs from fraggle rock