"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really? I found I want a Dog for Christmas overly long and dull, and I feel they did the Spike part of the story better on The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show. I enjoyed Happiness is a Warm Blanket for, if no other reason, Linus tells everyone off. That was something a long time coming.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
How many specials were there?
There are over 50 Peanuts TV specials, including Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, which wasn't directed by Bill Melendez, various live action Snoopy specials, including the Ice Follies shows and The Big Stuffed Dog, and various TV adaptations of the 2 Peanuts themed musicals, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown and Snoopy! The Musical.
There are also...
  • 18 episodes of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show
  • 8 episodes of This Is America, Charlie Brown
  • 14 documentary/anniversary/retrospective specials
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Luke kun

Reaction score
There are over 50 Peanuts TV specials, including Happiness Is A Warm Blanket, which wasn't directed by Bill Melendez, various live action Snoopy specials, including the Ice Follies shows and The Big Stuffed Dog, and various TV adaptations of the 2 Peanuts themed musicals, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown and Snoopy! The Musical.
There are also...
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I stumbled upon "Bring Me the Head of Charlie Brown" on that page. I'll never look at Peanuts the same way ever again. :laugh::smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
There are also...
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't forget the four theatrical films. A Boy Named Charlie Brown, Snoopy Come Home, Bon Voyage Charlie Brown(and Don't Come Back), and Race for Your Life Charlie Brown

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
After watching the two Dental Health strips, it's no wonder.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Movie Posers seem to suggest that the movie's title has changed to "Charlie Brown and Snoopy: The Peanuts Movie."

Plus, you get to see all the details on the characters. Non-evasive, but what you'd expect to see with CGI. Hair details and stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Paul Feig has made a statement about how much they avoided making the movie edgy and hip

I really like the comment he made about how studios would force Justin Beiber in the Charlie Brown role, but they were given the opportunity to be like every other classic Peanuts special and just use regular kids as voice actors. Schulz's family also did a heavy amount of writing and oversight on the film, which is great to hear as it confirms my thoughts that this would be under heavy Schulz estate scrutiny.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm definitely encouraged by these comments. It seems like Feig is a huge fan of the Peanuts characters and wants to do right by them. Now, if only a trailer would come out that had even a shred of the plot.