Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy coming back

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never heard of Shaw's, I'm assuming it's a regional place.

But yeah, I see what you mean, it does seem like it's the big box stores that have the better selection of cereals, especially specialties. I remember back in the waning days of the glorious Oreo O's, Walmart was the only place that still had them for a while after they stopped making them; and likewise, anytime Berry-Berry Kix made a triumphant return, undoubtly it was Walmart where you'd find it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to add this.

Yeah, Hostess was rescued from the destruction at the hands of the big greedy morons who ran the company. You could at least release some friggin Scary Cakes again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, today marks the end of a short, but sweet era: I finished my entire supply of Frankenberry.

Five family-sized boxes, spread over a period of exactly one month and three days.

Next year, I'll have to remember it's the big box stores and the drug stores that carry it, not grocery stores. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last year, said cereals were at local grocery stores. Just not this year. I really wish they'd stocked more Count Chocula, since that one always goes weeks before they clear them out. Luckily, I got some Chocolate Lucky Charms which are almost as good.

There was also a special Halloween Pebbles that was Candy Corn flavored. Sounded disgusting so I passed it up.

Now I'm a little disappointed I can't find Cap'n's Christmas Crunch around, but they have a...get this... Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch that must be exclusive to Targets, since I've yet to find them anywhere else.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, what flavor did we end up deciding for the Phantom of the Opera's monster cereal?