Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... New episodes aired tonight. Bizarro Titans where everyone's name is the backwards and both teams don't want bossy Robin. But the surprise was in the second episode where the team tries to get BeastBoy to clean up all the garbage in his room due to the superstank it releases. When asked who taught him to live like this, he replies it was his hero... The green guy who loves garbage and sings the "Dukey in the Jar" song. And as if that wasn't enough, once inside BB's garbage realm they went into an Aladdin parody onboard the magic carpet ride showing off the "Great New World".

Crazy stuff man. :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... New episodes aired tonight. Bizarro Titans where everyone's name is the backwards and both teams don't want bossy Robin.
The best part is that the "boys" that Boy Beast transform into are lawyer friendly copies of famous TV characters. Unfortunately, they moved too quick in the montage, but he turned into a weird mixture between Charlie Brown and Astroboy at one point (At least Charlie Brown with Astro's haircut), but spent a few minutes as (and this reference totally surprised me) Bobby Generic! Unmistakably so.

I'm really digging the pop culture references in this show lately.

But I'm also happy to see they did a DC Universe parody with Bizzarro World. As I've said a hundred times by now, I think the show really has potential when it references DC mythology.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The funny thing is that in the first half of the episode, when they said Nibor (Robin backwards) I thought they were saying "Niborg" instead. The other funny thing is how Robin's uberjerkish bossiness proves so much a defining characteristic that neither team, regular nor Bizarro titans want him as their leader and keep throwing him back to the other team.

And little tidbit... Nevar is the Spanish word for "snowing", so she should be dressed in a white cloak instead of spring fashions as Robin mentioned.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, her cloak was white. It just had a flower pattern underneath.

Disappointed the Wiki doesn't have all the pictures of Boy Beast's transformations so I could list all the parody characters Beast Boy transformed into. Maybe I'll find somewhere to catch it again and be able to freeze frame all of them.

I swear one of them was a Bart-ish Simpsons-esque type character.

Oh, and apparently the so called fanbase is up in arms that big disgusting ambiguous fatmuscle Erifrats and both Robin and Nibor shared kisses instead of Robin and Starfire. Seriously? If you're a fan of this show by now, you got to know the trolly writers love to screw with the fans. That's the only way you can learn to enjoy it.

Edit...

Okay, found the episode, and all of Boy Beast's transformations are hybrid characters, clearly to avoid copyright. From what I can gather...

Calvin/Sherman hybrid
Elroy Jetson/Huey Freeman hybrid
I wanna say Dennis the Menace/Calvin hybrid
Huey Freeman/Bart Simpson hybrid
Bart Simpson/Elroy Jetson hybrid

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nevar's cloak was white... That's the kind of thing I point out as a missed detail, missed because of my blind batty eyes I go by what's spoken out loud and then comment on it at a forum fanboard like this one here.

Seriously? Fanbase up in arms over Erifrats kissy-face moments in lue that Starfire hasn't? People please. These are the same idiots up in arms when we got the future responsabilities timeline where Mulleted Robin/Nightwing was married to Batgirl because they just have to have their precious RobinxStarfire ship intact.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously? Fanbase up in arms over Erifrats kissy-face moments in lue that Starfire hasn't? People please. These are the same idiots up in arms when we got the future responsabilities timeline where Mulleted Robin/Nightwing was married to Batgirl because they just have to have their precious RobinxStarfire ship intact.

They don't get the point that the writers are purposely trying to block Robin X Starfire by any means necessary because it's more fun to give a big middle finger to the fans of the original cartoon than to just give everything the fanbase wants. I actually kinda like that aspect of the non-stop trolling.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit. Last night's episode was actually good. Especially after last week's idiotic episode about savoring food. Though it was funny that Beast Boy's "belly" voice sounded like King Kai.

They really need to do more of these episodes where they play of characters and themes instead of "Titans act like morons for 10 minutes."

Nice to see Joker and Penguin's silent cameos in the show. I swear there was also Night Owl from Watchmen. bet Alan Moore's really happy about that.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anyone see the episode where Robin has to go to the "Bat Cave"? OMG! What a HILARIOUS episode!!!! Robin thinks he's ALL ALONE but he finds out he isn't. My favorite quote of the episode: Starfire (Dressed up): "Would you like a SIDE of the fries with that?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
The anticipated Young Justice crossover episode finally aired. I enjoyed it, but can't help feel the hype surrounding it made it out to be a different episode than it turned out. I was expecting more of the YJ crew to just completely tear the Titans apart until the Titans dragged them to their level. Plus, I expected them to, you know, actually pay for a couple other voice actors to reprise their roles. The show runners even said in an interview, they couldn't have done the episode if Khary Peyton wasn't also the voice of Aqualad. Starting to think the low voice cast numbers are due to CN, not the showrunners at all.

But it was still one of the good episodes that mocks their own mythology/continuity. I especially like the unintended gag that Robin's the one that wants to be serious after seeing the YJ characters (which were all but Aqualad silent, but still only had 3 characters) when Robin was the fun loving one in YJ. I know this episode was meant to troll those who hate the show and still blame it's creation on YJ's cancellation, and not poor sales of even poorer toys and being too adult for a child audience. But it really felt like they knew how stupid they made the characters. I especially like how Aqualad lambasted them over the Books episode... which was one I loved, and a brilliant parody of hypocritical cartoon/kid's TV shows saying how awful it is to watch TV expressed through a TV show.

Harleena

Reaction score
Some of the Best Episodes in my Opinion (from best to worst):
  1. Be Mine (OMG THIS GAVE ME FEELS)
  2. Rocks and Water (*ships both couples like Fedex*)
  3. Man Person (first time anyone on TTG showed any real emotion)
  4. Opposites (TITANS, KILL!)
  5. Mr. Butt (Blackfire!)
  6. Little Buddies (Khary Payton absolutely crushed it on the Pain song)
  7. Dreams (funny, especially Silkie's dream, plus the animation was cool)
  8. In and Out (funny, even though Star and Raven's villain forms sucked)
  9. Breakfast Cheese (Hynden Walch did a good job in the song, plus the Titans aren't murdering everyone for once)
  10. Slumber Party (babyish, and creepy Robin, but very enjoyable)
Some of the Worst Episodes in my Opinion (from worst to best):
  1. Body Adventure (excuse me while I go throw up)
  2. Hot Garbage (oh no not again)
  3. Serious Business (what is this, Sanjay and Craig?)
  4. Salty Codgers (the song was good but the episode was just ewww)
  5. Waffles (WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES)
  6. Boys vs. Girls (uses too many stereotypes, plus cooties)
  7. Brain Food (Beast Boy is not that dumb!)
  8. Sandwich Thief (just a pointless episode that really only exists to make Robin look like even more of a psychopath, and also Beast Boy is dead)
  9. Robin Backwards (seriously, Robin deserves a least one person who doesn't hate him)
  10. Artful Dodgers (wow, great lesson to teach kids)
Also, Real Boy Adventures (I actually loved this one, but Robin just ruined the whole thing) and Multiple Trick Pony (the ending sucked).