New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Greetings! I am a first generation SESAME STREET kid who especially loved the muppet segments. In Christmas 1971 I got all of the original release Educational Toys puppets. It was the best Christmas ever! All my original toys were destroyed in a fire when I was a teenager and it is only in the last five or six year that I began to replace them. My focus is on 1970s stuff and other bits and pieces that catch my eyes - especially foreign SESAME stuff. While I love the MUPPET SHOW gang my collecting interests are pretty much limited to SESAME STREET. Glad I finally signed up! No idea what took me so long :smile:
Welcome to the forums GroverBoy!!:smile: It's nice to hear that you're rebuilding your vintage Sesame collection!!:smile:

Howdy everyone!

I'm Aeb. My very first movie was Muppet Christmas Carol. And much to my brothers' dismay, we watch it every year! I grew up watching Sesame Street, and now that I have kids to take care of, I have an excuse to watch it again!
My dream is to puppeteer for a living. Right now, I just puppeteer for the kids at church. (And at our church, kids are anyone from age 0-80. Once you're 80, you're a young adult!)
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here.

~Aeb
Welcome, Aeb!:smile: I think Muppet Christmas Carol was the first muppet movie I saw, too!:smile: It's so cool that you perform puppet shows at your local church!!:smile:

aebthegofer

Reaction score
Welcome, Aeb!:smile: I think Muppet Christmas Carol was the first muppet movie I saw, too!:smile: It's so cool that you perform puppet shows at your local church!!:smile:
Hi Walter!
I love doing puppet at church. Everyone always sits as far back in the pews as possible! But whenever I get the puppet curtain out, everyone moves up as far as possible!:wink: In fact, one day the preacher asked me if Sunny, my puppet, would preach for him. He said she held everyone's attention a lot better than he did!

Maybe one year you will get it for Christmas!
The Muppet Movement has begun!
Good idea, Dwayne! I'll have to remember that!:smile:

~Aeb

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hi Walter!
I love doing puppet at church. Everyone always sits as far back in the pews as possible! But whenever I get the puppet curtain out, everyone moves up as far as possible!:wink: In fact, one day the preacher asked me if Sunny, my puppet, would preach for him. He said she held everyone's attention a lot better than he did!
Aww, that is so cool!:smile: And you can call me Erin, by the way.:smile:

VonCount

Reaction score
Hello All!
I've been a big Muppet fan as well as a Sesame Street fan since childhood but I recently experienced a personal Muppet renaissance when my son started watching Sesame Street. I've been making some of my own puppets as well as collecting some of the older puppets from Fisher price etc and finally decided to join so I could contribute to a thread or two.

Derek Bakal

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I've always been a huge Muppet fan. Muppet Show especially. More recently I've been working on my own puppets and trying to film bits and sketches. Hope to get some ideas and feedback from you guys. Excited to start posting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would like to send a hardy welcome to our two new members, Voncount, and Derek Bakal! Welcome and keep on building them puppets!

GroverBoy

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I've always been a huge Muppet fan. Muppet Show especially. More recently I've been working on my own puppets and trying to film bits and sketches. Hope to get some ideas and feedback from you guys. Excited to start posting.
Welcome!

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a super-fan of all things Sesame, especially Bert! :frown: I loved watching Sesame Street Unpaved on Noggin, I wish the old episodes were still showcased like that.

I love Pajanimals as well! My favourite is Squacky!

Welcome, Kako & Bert!:smile: I sure miss seeing older Sesame episodes on Noggin, too!:smile: