Why isn't Muppet Babies on Disney Junior?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'd much rather have these on DVD, but then again Disney hates box sets, and even if one was released, something tells me it'd be incomplete and they'd use syndication edits.
Again with the conclusion-jumping?! :rolleyes:

That kind of behavior is why I hate certain sites infested with chuckleheads that commit those kinds of crimes (ie MiceChat, WDWMagic, Jim Hill Media, etc.). :grr:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll say this the most polite way I can.

I'm getting sick of you putting words into my mouth all the while ignoring simple business structure. I'm not "jumping to conclusions," nor am I making anything up. Short and simple, the market was flooded with garbage TV shows being put on DVD in box sets, and unfortunately that does effect shows that should be released. Home media purchasing is dying. Home entertainment sales dropped last year, and that's not a good thing for collectors.

Seriously, do you think I like not having a complete collection of Darkwing Duck? You think I'm absolutely happy that I can't go out and buy Muppet Show season 4 and 5 among the thousands of unwanted, unsellable "Hero of Color City" movies? I'm not. I absolutely HATE the fact that Disney did a poor job with the Disney Afternoon sets and didn't complete any of them with the weird exception of Talespin. I'm confident the lack of basic bonus features attributed to the supposedly not great sales. And I really hate the fact they didn't just release the last two seasons of the Muppet Show before they had to renegotiate the rights to some old misers that own song rights. They don't even make Box Sets of current shows either. Not even the Marvel ones, and we all know how much money those movies make. Fact of the matter, they're rather release single DVD's because it's cost effective. There's no negativity or pessimism, just realization of how crappy home releases are. And they're not even the only company. Time Life had to get Sony to release the Ghostbusters cartoon, and they didn't even finish the wide retail release. And that's one of the biggest 80's cartoon shows there is. Only way to freaking release anything is to sublicense it to a smaller company that knows that a small fanbase will buy them all up. That's why all these weird DIC cartoons from the 90's are available.

We managed to get a good chunk of 80's and 90's cartoons on DVD. Sucks we can't have a powerhouse like Muppet Babies due to whatever reasons. Look how long it took WB to get out Batman, and even the half volumes cost a good 35 bucks.

Now, I'm going to say this as politely and patiently as I possibly can, but the very next time you accuse me of anything when I'm trying to give a reasonable assessment of the situation, consider yourself reported. I mean it.

SesameFever

Reaction score
Where are the mp4 versions from? YouTube, or somewhere else? We aren't using YouTube copies in the sets; if you have any that aren't from YouTube, I would love them. I could get them cleaned up for you. :smile:
I sent you a PM with a folder link to all the episodes.

SesameFever

Reaction score
I've got a few episodes recorded off Nick Jr. back in 1996 as well as the episodes released on Jim Henson Video in the 90s (not counting the ones in the Yes, I Can series, since those don't have the title cards). PM me if you want to discuss more.
Did you get the PM with my Muppet Babies links???