The Steven Universe thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Anyone seen the new clip of Garnet and Steven for the next episode? You should, it's adorabubble! :flirt:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well i love the show but not being able to watch it (because of Turner but i understand) make a little mad but i know i'll get to see more new show later on. It always fix it self.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Boy, that latest episode sure was heartwarming.

(spoiler alert!)

Like many others, I had a feeling that Lion was a reincarnation of Steven's mom.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or were there drama bombs the whole night?

Spoilers:

Uncle Grandpa is Santa Claus's brother.

P Bubs narrowly averted war with the Fire Kingdom

Jeff's parents are revealed to be a lesbian couple (while not important to the story, it's a leaps and bounds shot for a cartoon show)

A MAJOR misunderstanding with Margarette and CJ leaving Mordecai's relationships in jeopardy.

And of course the reveal of Steven's mother and how she's a part of Steven, explaining soooo much.

Cartoon watching has become freaking intense!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here I missed out on almost every show I regularly follow. At least there's always repeats during the weekend to help me catch up, or the second round of each show next Thursday.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Catching up on all the shows i missed during the Turner debate.
Is it just me, or were there drama bombs the whole night?

Spoilers:

Uncle Grandpa is Santa Claus's brother.

P Bubs narrowly averted war with the Fire Kingdom

Jeff's parents are revealed to be a lesbian couple (while not important to the story, it's a leaps and bounds shot for a cartoon show)

A MAJOR misunderstanding with Margarette and CJ leaving Mordecai's relationships in jeopardy.

And of course the reveal of Steven's mother and how she's a part of Steven, explaining soooo much.

Cartoon watching has become freaking intense!
You summed it up better then i could. I haven't watched the Regular Show holiday show yet it comes on Saturday. So can't wait.

snichols1973

Reaction score
In the Lion 2 episode, we discover that Lion has magical teleportation powers, which take Steven and Connie to a mysterious secret lair, and in Lion 3, we find that Lion's mane is some portal to a really special place, containing some of Rose Quartz's mementos, including a special home movie cassette for Steven.

"Fusion Cuisine" looks like they took a bit of Meet the Parents with a family friendly storyline. In the episode, when greeting Connie's parents, we learn her last name: Maheswaran, which apparently indicates that her family is probably from India or at least has (apparently) Indian heritage.

Connie's mother is a doctor, and in Bubble Buddies, she mentions that her dad is a police officer....

mr3urious

Reaction score
Man, was that a crazy episode last week. It was revealed that Steven can fuse, but most notably with humans.

Is it wrong that I find "Stevonnie" kinda hot? I mean, their ages combined shouldn't make it feel squicky, but it's technically a transvestite, so that makes it squicky all over again. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Technically, wouldn't it be a hermaphrodite? That sort of thing raises questions, after all. I like how the fusion's shape was ambiguously one way or the other. I just hope no one gets their panties in a wad over the fact that BOTH Sadie and Lars both seemed to be swooning over him/her/it.

Can't wait to see how Steven's newly developing powers play out in other episodes.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Technically, the gems are all genderless or genderqueer so I'm assuming that's the same with Steveonnie. (Though they don't seem to mind having she/her pronouns)