The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Does anyone know of Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse? That has good CGI, though.
I do. It does look really nice. It was originally based on DTV movies with good CGI that I watched as a kid.
And here's another Dove-Approved (and possibly KIDS FIRST! approved) film.

Is it me or are these films with those two labels, with the exception of the Mumfie thing I shared on the last page since it was original, just made for those two companies so that they can endorse them? I can imagine just what goes on:
Kids First!/Dove: Hey there, Lionsgate, we need you to make a version of the latest Disney movie that's safe for families to watch. What do you say?
Lionsgate: Heck yeah! And that's just what we will do!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I do. It does look really nice. It was originally based on DTV movies with good CGI that I watched as a kid.
And here's another Dove-Approved (and possibly KIDS FIRST! approved) film.

Is it me or are these films with those two labels, with the exception of the Mumfie thing I shared on the last page since it was original, just made for those two companies so that they can endorse them? I can imagine just what goes on:
Kids First!/Dove: Hey there, Lionsgate, we need you to make a version of the latest Disney movie that's safe for families to watch. What do you say?
Lionsgate: Heck yeah! And that's just what we will do!
So they're ripping off The Tale of Desperuax, that movie was terrible. and I can only assume this will be too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were ripping off a lame movie from several years back on purpose. A lot of these foreign made movies aren't ripoffs of anything nor can be re-purposed as such. Like that terrible Scottish film with Sean Connery.

It's strange that Drake Bell's doing a lot of these stupid things. I'm not the hugest fan, though he'd be my third favorite animated Spider-Man (after Josh Keaton and Dan Gilvezan). Nice to know Jon Lovitz is doing something, but I'd prefer anything but these cheap gigs for him. Still a step up from most Adam Sandler movies, though.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were ripping off a lame movie from several years back on purpose. A lot of these foreign made movies aren't ripoffs of anything nor can be re-purposed as such. Like that terrible Scottish film with Sean Connery.

It's strange that Drake Bell's doing a lot of these stupid things. I'm not the hugest fan, though he'd be my third favorite animated Spider-Man (after Josh Keaton and Dan Gilvezan). Nice to know Jon Lovitz is doing something, but I'd prefer anything but these cheap gigs for him. Still a step up from most Adam Sandler movies, though.
Yep, and they also got Miranda Cosgrove, who I thought quit the acting biz, but was going to back in a couple years cause she was studying it.
and I can maybe understand Miranda doing this, but why Drake?
no seriously, why?
is he just desperate for another career that he'll pick just about any one for the money, no matter how much involved for the project, cause I actually wonder how much they spend on these projects, probably really cheap I suppose, cause I don't see these spending an $165 million budget like Big Hero 6 or Frozen, heck I don't see them spending $20 million on this due to how cheap this looks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Remember, these are even cheaper than that because they're just dubs. Some low budget, foreign, independent studio (and not the good kind of independent) already made these films, and getting the distribution rights by smaller studios for the express reasoning to release to Redboxes and pad Netflix is the only goal. They throw in B and C listers so these films seem legit, and not the non-union talent that's usually reserved for anime dubbing. I believe that some of the talent from Speed Racer's old 1960's dub somehow got associated with crap like Plan Bee, and Ratatoing and Little Panda Fighter were dubbed by the same pool 4Kids used.

Admittedly, these brand of DTV dubbed films are higher quality than the Studio Brinquendo trash, but that's a decidedly low bar.

As for Drake, I'll admit their Nickelodeon show wasn't nearly as awful as some of the mung they ooze out now, it's just no Kenan and Kel. I kinda like him as a voice actor and all, but I'd like to see him in other cartoon shows instead of these cheap little things. He's pretty good as Spider-Man and He seems to be the official Disney voice for the character (he was used in a Lego special, as were other Disney Marvel show VA's). I could see him playing pother action heroes in time... but he's incredibly available for these cheap dubs. On the other hand, it's disappointing to see Jane Lynch and Jon Lovitz on these dumb things.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember those days of yore when Cary Elwes was something of an A-lister? Kinda like Whoopi Goldberg, and now she's reduced to being a co-host on a morning talkshow that nobody even really watches anymore, yet it comes getting ripped off all the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, he was in Oogieloves. Not exactly a career high for him, or anyone that got roped into that unexplainable affront to human kind.

I really really feel sorry for Christopher Lloyd in that one. At least Chloris Leachman was on cruise control because it was a paycheck.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really really feel sorry for Christopher Lloyd in that one. At least Chloris Leachman was on cruise control because it was a paycheck.
And at least the former rebounded in Over the Garden Wall. :smile:

Luke kun

Reaction score
In middle school, the kids liked teen heart-throbs such as Justin Bieber and video games-oh, and there was one girl I was friends with who liked anime like Higurashi and Sugar Sugar Rune.
And you...liked that Manafichu Video Adventures piece of crap. Thank god you said it was not good. :smile:
It also gained more fans thanks to people who hate Disney Junior's Nina Needs To Go teaching their kids bad lessons
Well, the 4CHAN people that like it are probably led by Sabrina Jones from YouTube.
Also, around 2008ish when the show was cancelled, I went to Atlantic City. and there were some Rugrats dolls up for prize redemption next to Sesame Street, Barney and Mumfie prizes.
They sell Mumfie stuff?