SpongeBob SquarePants

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Disappointed in the lack of movie specific merchandising. They have Megablox sets and some of the Fisher Price Imaginext sets (no Sandy, of course because it's freaking Mattel), but nothing in terms of larger scale action figures or collectibles featuring the characters in superhero mode. I'm really liking how Squidward looks in this thing and might just have to pick up one of the Imaginext sets.

They have some Megablox blindpackage figures. It features some of the characters in the Mad Max style Post-apocalypse garb.
Yesterday at Barnes and Noble I saw a few copies of a junior novel of the movie.:stick_out_tongue:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'm Ready! I'm READY! I'm REEEEEEAAADDDYYYYYY!!!!!!!! ****KLONK!!!!!**** (hits a steel wall)

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm really digging the continuity nods the sneak peeks have been showing.

So many old references, shown on screen for literally just a second.

Not to mention we see BUBBLE BASS in the crowd towards the end of the Thank Gosh It's Monday preview, a character that hasn't been on the show since season one!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yesterday at Barnes and Noble I saw a few copies of a junior novel of the movie.:stick_out_tongue:
I meant more along the lines of figural collectibles. I've no interest in tie in kid's books, unless they have original illustrations. Almost bought a Cars Little Golden Book only because Bud Luckey was the artist.

Not to mention we see BUBBLE BASS in the crowd towards the end of the Thank Gosh It's Monday preview, a character that hasn't been on the show since season one!
I want to keep my hopes up about this being the movie that turns the series around, much like The Simpsons Movie did. It looks like there's a real improvement over the current episodes (which, by the way, I don't hate as much as everyone else, but still find weak). It has to be if they want an audience that will pay money to see something that's on TV as much as Spongebob is anyway.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Whooo just earlier I saw a few snack brand commercials on Nick that are promoting the movie! So pumped..:fanatic:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Bubble Bass has a speaking cameo in a very recent episode (Plankton's Good Eye) in case you didn't know.:smile:

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I've been really excited for this new movie, since I found out about it. That's actually why I've been non-active on the forums. :stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, I think this movie will be good, sorta like how the Simpsons movie was great as mentioned above. But here's the biggest problem right now, according to reddit users (who've seen an early screening) the actual CGI part of the film is very short. The CGI part is Nickelodeon's main point of advertising. See the problem?

Disappointed in the lack of movie specific merchandising.
Me too, but it's worth checking out that there's going to be/in stores now Halloween masks, sugar cookies, Basically a SpongeBob Mr. PotatoHead (noteworthy that the "Sgt. SquarePants stuff makes him look like the Bronze Kneecap from the Fairly OddParents), Just Play figures (Figure set and Invincibubble Action Figure), plush (Invincibubble and Mr. SuperAwesomeness), more figures (though it looks like the Just Play figures) and a video game (sadly made by the guys who made the latest SpongeBob game, Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Which according to Wikipedia, didn't sell good. AT ALL. If Plankton's Robotic Revenge didn't sell good, why go back to that same company to make the game? Heck, Heavy Iron Studios offered to make the game and Activision DENIED them. (original video)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm hugely disappointed in their Happy Meal toys. They look just awful and something Wendy's would do. THAT bad. They're like stickers on boxes or something. I think they're straw caddies.

Luke kun

Reaction score
My mom's gonna take me to see it. And then I will have seen every SB movie. Let's just hope Pearl gets some screen-time. She's awesome. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny thing is, the Nicktoon that has the most movies is Fairly Oddparents, and yet none of them are theatrical. It's a real shame that series never got the Rugrats treatment. I don't think Channel Chasers or Abracatastrophy would have played well to a theatrical audience, though. I like the fact they have more dramatic moments than the show usually has.

Other than that, it's a real shame the only Nicktoons to get animated theatrical movies were just Spongebob, Arnold (and the wrong film to boot), Rugrats, and Wild Thornberries. Not counting Disney's Doug or that live action thing that was like Harmony Gold got a hold of Avatar. Also not counting Barnyard and Jimmy Neutron, since they debuted as movies. Besides... Barnyard was far better as a TV show.

Sigh... a Ren and Stimpy movie that would be a collaboration between John K and Ralph Bakshi... that would be something.